Note to New Members ×

A basin this weekend

Grand Junction Carver

We rode there two weeks ago and it was already very sticky and dirty.

If there's not a good freeze the night before, you should go for a bike ride :lol:

I'm contemplating flying out for a long weekend on Hood, but I wonder the same thing, is it really worth the trouble...

Ah winter, so far away :(

Rode there last Sunday June 26. Not too bad soft and slushy but I would not ride a new board. I rode my Burton Alp and used Zardoz to keep gliding well. Might go up Sunday just to say I rode in July? Stayed up top mostly as the snow was better up there. I think July 4th will be busy as it will be last day?

I might attend. Grand County 4th of July craziness might force me to seek some smiles in the fun zone. Backcountry access is getting more and more limited here and a July 3rd of riding a chair at the Basin sounds intriguing. Just think, in about another 3 month, the Basin will be opening for the 2011/2012 riding season!

I am still torn whether to go or not. The Donek FC I would be trying out is a demo I bought (so not brand new). Maybe I will pack my Axxess as well (I have rode in slush before and actually enjoyed the slower speed). Maybe I'll just go fly fishing at the frying pan instead (whoops forgot this is not a fishing forum).