Note to New Members ×

Unbanned and still riding!

Snowman

Snow has been relentless here in Colorado. Had a tour up into Rocky Mountain National Park today and all I can say is very impressive. The only time I have seen road cuts through the snow taller then what we have now is my year in Seattle when Mt. Baker broke 1200 inches. Backcountry opportunities are abundant but wet slab avalanche danger is extremely high. Break out your splitty and get it on. Earn your turns!

post-286-141842344726_thumb.jpg

Can't imagine it lasting too long, it was my understanding the the ban was to be permanent, guessing some kind of computer screw up has accidentally allowed this to happen. Oh well, enjoy it while it last. Basin has already extended, they have more snow then they know what to do with over there. Backcounty will be good way into July and with a bit of luck probably August. With any luck, I will be able to get in some time on a new Donek Split proto yet this season.

Think Snow!

"Backcountry opportunities are abundant but wet slab avalanche danger is extremely high. "

Mark, We get that all the time in Trannsylvania (specially @ the end of May) you get use to it after a while :rolleyes:.

Enjoy :)