Note to New Members ×

windskate

scrutton

Anyone here attached a windsurf sail to a longboard? I'm thinking that I might like to get a longboard in the 50" length, and attach a base/sail to it for parking lot sessions. I've done a bunch of browsing online and a lot of the setups I see online use larger wheels and seem to be more beach/dirt oriented.

Longboard Larry, and the Clutch Hoodwalker are a couple of the boards in that size range that I'm considering.

Anyone care to share any wisdom...?

Anyone here attached a windsurf sail to a longboard? I'm thinking that I might like to get a longboard in the 50" length, and attach a base/sail to it for parking lot sessions. I've done a bunch of browsing online and a lot of the setups I see online use larger wheels and seem to be more beach/dirt oriented.

Longboard Larry, and the Clutch Hoodwalker are a couple of the boards in that size range that I'm considering.

Anyone care to share any wisdom...?

Hi Paul, I used to do this in Hood River OR. Placement of the mast base is key.

You can get away with much smaller sails due to the fact there is no water start required.

Must be allot of video out there?

I believe xxguitarist has done it

yup!

64" board, 5.4 sail. fast. super fun. bolted a universal to the very nose of the thing, and just jibed every time.

You'll need a fairly big parking lot. Long, at least, in the side-wind direction. ideally set up so you can do just figure 8s with only jibes. if necessary you can usually build up a good deal of speed and coast upwind a ways.

Stopping, flare the sail out & backwind it on the apparent. A little dicey, but beats the alternatives.

Pumping the sail or leaning back too much tends to break the wheels free, and I was on gumballs.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a used Landyahtz B-Ride. It's 57" long. I researched it when I got it home, seems to be a discontinued board, but if you look online you can still buy it online and it's fairly inexpensive.

It's completely flat, and fairly wide. quite beefy, it barely flexes when I'm on it.

It came shod with ABEC 70's flashbacks, Randall RII 150's and some riser plates.

I picked up a used Landyahtz B-Ride. It's 57" long. I researched it when I got it home, seems to be a discontinued board, but if you look online you can still buy it online and it's fairly inexpensive.

It's completely flat, and fairly wide. quite beefy, it barely flexes when I'm on it.

It came shod with ABEC 70's flashbacks, Randall RII 150's and some riser plates.

I like the traction/trainer kite on 3-4 meter lines