Note to New Members ×

Line of Credit bill from my Bank

C5 Golfer

I recieved this months bill and I owe a whopping $.04. they say if it is not paid by May 5th I will be charged $10 late fee.

My question to you is should I pay it by check of the amount due or go into the branch and pay it with 4 pennies, or pay for with a nickel, or use a $100 bill?:confused::confused:

I recieved this months bill and I owe a whopping $.04. they say if it is not paid by May 5th I will be charged $10 late fee.

My question to you is should I pay it by check of the amount due or go into the branch and pay it with 4 pennies, or pay for with a nickel, or use a $100 bill?:confused::confused:

Cashier's Check only.

At the end of every semester I have to go into the Administration building and pay the outstanding change that my GI Bill didn't pay in order to register for class the next semester. This amount has never amounted to more than $1....they were furious when I paid in pennies.

My friendly Teller who I see often, laughed a bit and I said " Yea, I dont want to get a $10 late payment on that guy" She replied , " You wouldn't have, if you are late it can't be any higher fee than the balance"

We both went " Hmmm. that would be interesting huh?" My new balance would be $.08 next month plus my 2.75% interest.

No wonder the Banking Stocks are in the toliet.

In Australia they discontinued 1 and 2 cent coins. 5 cents is the lowest denomination. There was a case where the guy owed 1 cent on his account, similar to you. They sent numerous letters demanding payment (postage costed circa 40 cents at the time) and then sent it to debt collectors!

Since he didn't have a cheque book, internet banking or the ability to either pay with a 1 cent coin (or receive 4 cents in change)......

......a random guy who heard about it through the newspaper sent him a cheque to pay the amount. The irony was that the cheque was one he had received as a refund for an overpayment from the same bank!

• 2 weeks later...

I took care of a stroke patient who was going thru the DTs (delirium tremens) who also had a pneumonia and respiratory failure and was on the vent for 10 days. He had really labile hypertension. I came to the ICU twice a day to round on him, including the call at 2 am to admit him. My reimbursement check from United Healthcare for 10 days of work, in a envelope marked with a $0.32 stamp, with 15 pages of explanation of benefits included, was for $0.01.....

We get threatening recorded phone calls from DHL every month for a balance of $0. I'd send them a check for $0.05. Then they have to send you a statement each month indicating that they owe you $0.01.