Note to New Members ×

Intec Cable replacement

nekdut

So it appears that my intec cable is fraying near the hole through the boot. I was trying to remove the plate on the top of the heel piece by prying, but it does not appear to come off easily. Am I going about the replacement the right way? How do I remove the cable?

Guest Randy S.

Be careful when you take the thing apart. If you pull on the cable, the cam thingy will come apart. It will likely fly across the room and get lost (don't ask why I know). So be careful. I've thought about replacing the cables before, but just opted to buy new heels. I'm sure you can get all the parts you need from a bike shop since the cables look essentially similar. The tricky part will be putting the ferules and stuff on the ends properly.

Take lots of pictures and document this for us if you do it. I'm sure there are lots of others here who would like to know how to do this work themselves.

Originally posted by Randy S.

Be careful when you take the thing apart. If you pull on the . I'm sure you can get all the parts you need from a bike shop since the cables look essentially similar. The tricky part will be putting the ferules and stuff on the ends properly.

Take lots of pictures and document this for us if you do it. I'm sure there are lots of others here who would like to know how to do this work themselves.

Randy,

Maybe you do not know but, Bomber sells these cables for about 10 bucks ready to go.

Planning ahead - I have two sets of cables in my tool box just in case and usually stash a cable in the boot bag if carving out of town. STRONGLY suggest having a replacement set of cables or heels on hand. Purchased right here at the Bomber Store.

And to make the change easier - replace the plated steel phillip head screws with M? stainless steel bolts ~ 4mm insert head. Other benefit is you can get the SS bolts tighter so lessen the chance of your heel getting loose.

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by C5 Golfer

Randy,

Maybe you do not know but, Bomber sells these cables for about 10 bucks ready to go.

Thanks Al. But come on. What a tease. You post that and make me go look for it. How about a Link Right To The Cables next time?

I didn't know they sold them as a part. That's cool. Now if Fin just had them in stock.

Thanks Al. But come on. What a tease. You post that and make me go look for it. How about a Link Right To The Cables next time?

I didn't know they sold them as a part. That's cool. Now if Fin just had them in stock.

Sorry Randy... I will do better next time but I thought you could use some time in the Bomber store - don't you need other stuff too????:D

Hey Randy - ever wonder what happened to that super stiff Red 179 Donek I sold you? I heard someone near Coiler Bruce had it.

Guest Randy S.

I sold two Doneks. I can't remember which went to who. I do remember selling one to someone who didn't want anyone to know he'd bought it. Why Why? I don't know. Maybe he's close to Coiler? Maybe his wife would leave him?

I'm thinking that I may turn my 171 Freecarve into my Rock Board and get a new one sometime soon. I need to make some money first though. Business is slow so I'm in conservation mode. So I spent $40 to have it stone ground instead. That should get it through another season. It still rides great.

Originally posted by yyzcanuck

I bought the red FC179 Randy, and the statute of limitations has expired on that case of beer I promised you (which I took to SES last year but didn't see you, so I drank it). I rode the board about 3 times and decided it wasn't for me. My guess is AL weighs about 230+ lbs. It was weird... board was overall much too stiff for me, but I could fold the nose. Nice to see you passed that board on to me in the same manner it was passed on to you~ looks to me like it's been around the mountain a time or two.

!!

I weigh quite a bit less than that YYZ. I sold it after a couple of runs.. it beat the crap out me. Don't know why Sean built it so stiff for me. I wonder how many owners it has had in its short life.

Love my Volkls - they do not beat me up after 4 days in a row.

Guest Randy S.

I sold two Doneks. I can't remember which went to who. I do remember selling one to someone who didn't want anyone to know he'd bought it. Why Why? I don't know....

Dave,

I actually did remember who I sold it to. I just recalled that you didn't want it made public that you'd bought it. The "Why Why" quote above was not a typo, just a reference I figured you'd figure out.

:D

I've had great luck with my other Donek boards. That one was just weird. I also had a 180's race board that I sold because it was wider than I liked. I don't recall who I sold that one to. I bought it from a guy near Shasta.