Note to New Members ×

Various Plate Systems

As a relative newby I think I may be speaking for all the newbys and some of the more experienced folk on this forum: there are a lot of plates being developed in alpine snowboarding these days, in a range of prices, features and designs. I am having some trouble making heads or tails out of it, and was hoping through a productive series of posts that we all could attempt to combine some of our collective knowledge to organize a sort of "plate directory". I envision this as a buyers guide of sorts, to help people like myself make good purchasing decisions. After all, these things ain't cheap!

I leave things now to those more experienced and in the know. What are the basic features of a plate system, what plates are out there, what are their unique features/pros/cons, etc...?

Enable your email and you may get some feedback. Plates seem to be a love-em or hat-em topic lots of people aren't even interested in trying them. Too bad since they offer a unique ride for those willing to brave the adjustment period. Do your research but don't consider anything as the final word plates are evolving more changes may show up with next years offering of plates.