Note to New Members ×

hey MA people lets get our friends on alpine gear

bobdea

I was thinking that most of us that ride alpine have spare gear so I suggest that we have a night at wachusset or another local place(wachusset I prefer over nashoba and is way more conviniant for me) to ride and we should setup a group because it can be way less fustrating to learn new things in a group

what I can bring to is a pair 28.5/11 boots bindings and 159 SL deck

also a 151 FP with bindings and and a pair of 23 that comes to about a womens 7 though someone might already be using that setup

I think a few nights would be best so if you cannot make it on say a weeknight maybe a saturday or sunday

for me to attend this it would have to be in the next month because I am headed to CA in January

if there is interest post some ideas I really want our niche sport to grow and gear is the biggest reason it is inaccesable

so hit up anyone who shows interest in particlar if you have some gear they can use or they have ski boot given they are not optimum you can still get a taste of what our sport offers with them

and even if they do not want to try alpine or the gear is not available a BOL group ride would be fun for us anyway

This could be a fun day! I've got a couple of people interested in trying to carve this year. If we got em all together on the same day it would either be a riot or the worst train wreck ever on snow.

I don't have a lot of equipment but I could bring...

Alp 56 with burton rental plates.

"old" Rossi Race 172? with no bindings

burton fusion (I know it's a BX but with plates it really turns)

nordica SBH boots...28-28.5

All my friends are off at college, so I can't really bring anyone (unless someone else going to the tuning clinic on Dec. 9th wants to help me kidnap an unsuspecting softbooter or two),

but I can come and bring some boards.

I've got:

a Burton 164 FP, my cheapo-raceboard for the year,

a Nitro Torque (2003 model) 164, my 'sorry excuse for New England powder' board

a Sims FC 166, vintage-almost board, but with modern all-mountain carver specs. I haven't even ridden it.

This board is for sale.

and a 160 Blackpro, softer flex and more of an all-mountain size board compared to the speed. Might be for sale, if the girlfriend can handle the Speed comfortably.

Only the FP and the Torque are waxed, scraped, and ready to ride. The others still have a layer of storage wax. Let me know if you're interested in riding the FC or Blackpro, I'll scrape off the storage layer and make sure they're ready to go.

All but the Blackpro have bindings mounted.

I've got some extra Burton race plates , a Rossi Throttle 166, Sims Carve 2 167 (really good to learn carving) but what I really wanna know is: BOB J, the demo fleet boots? Are they Deelux ? size 28.5 ? There's a Winterstick demo at the Loaf this weekend and at Loon 12/19 and Mt Snow 12/18. Maybe we can coordinate the Mt Snow gig for newbie carvers. I've got me eye on the Winterstick Tom Burt 172 and the Severe Terrain 166. Anyone ridden either of these boards?

Originally posted by willywhit

There's a Winterstick demo at the Loaf this weekend and at Loon 12/19 and Mt Snow 12/18. Maybe we can coordinate the Mt Snow gig for newbie carvers. I've got me eye on the Winterstick Tom Burt 172 and the Severe Terrain 166. Anyone ridden either of these boards?

I rode the ST166 about three? weekends ago during their Sugarloaf demo. It wasn't bad, but I haven't ridden many free-style boards so I can't really say a whole lot.

I'll be there this weekend if anyone wants to make some turns.

mirror where can we find low budget bunks at the Loaf ? Cheapest I found was the Mt View for $68 a night for 2 + 7% tax. ncermak , I'm actually looking for more used raceplates myself. I usually leave an extra board locked to the rack and switch boards on the fly. Check this out, Aisling's got no excuse:Redheaded Women Have a Unique Ability

Redheads are special! Women who have red hair have an innate ability to tolerate more pain than other people. While testing the painkilling drug pentazocine, researchers from McGill University in Montreal discovered that the same gene that gives women red hair and fair skin also plays a role in the body's natural pain suppression system. However, it doesn't work for male carrot-tops. Redheaded women can tolerate more pain than anyone else, including men with red hair and men and women who do not have red hair. The others all had a similar and much lower tolerance to pain than flame-haired females.

I don't actually know of any places to stay. I would offer up my place, but right now I'm living with a friend's parents in their basement. In fact, if you have any friends with parents, I would recommend going that route :D :D

If anybody heads to the Loaf this weekend and sees someone making turns on a short F2 board, that's me.

I really liked mine I wish I had of held onto it I wish I still had a 188 as well those boards were really fun and nothing really feels much like them

I don't remember who bought mine last winter but I hope whoever got it puts it to use