Note to New Members ×

Taking Advantage...

Guest surphadude

Guest surphadude

Alright, this winter I'll be riding a hard setup for the first time. I have a week in Utah to make the transition from freestyle to alpine before I head back to school to race USCSA on my new setup.

Any suggestions on how to make the most of my 4 days on the snow and to speed up the learning curve process as quickly as possible? Lessons/no lessons and how much time with an instructor? Whether I should start on my SL or GS board first? Etc.

Any suggestions would be great.

here

but I would say very agressive SL deck would teach you better habits the weight placement is a little more demanding on those decks and you will not have to be going fast to turn it

four days is such a short time I would say find someone to give you some intsruction on your second day so by then you should be at least able to skid the board around and are getting comfy with the angles

so whoever is coaching you could try to focus on getting you carving

look up Billy Bordy at Park City/Deer Valley ( it's Canyons now ?)Trailertrash took a lesson with him last year and got VERY "dialed in" (sorry JG). A short Factory Prime seems to be the board to ride whilst learning the art of the carve 101. Good CArving~ Good Luck !

If you are interested in training some when your out here call me. 435-640-6946. I coach a team here in Utah and we train at both the Canyons and at Park City Mt. Resort. Give me a little heads up as to when you will be in town, if there is an event that week somewhere we will probably be gone.

Guest surphadude

Hey PhillPhel and Skully,

Thanks for the guidance offers in Utah, guys. I'll be riding between the 20th and the 23rd and would love to meet up. Are you offering a lesson through the resort instruction deparment, or offering more informal (i.e. free) help?

Peace