Note to New Members ×

Beginner Freecarve board (?$300?)

NWboarder

I am a 6'6" 230lbs alpine novice looking for a great beginner board I can learn on. I have been all-mt. boarding for 15 years but never in hard boards and never on a race/freecarve/alpine board. I am drawn to F2 but open to all models.

Also looking for a solid boot binding set. I am (about) a mondo 31.

I would like to be in the $300 range give or take a few for the board and open to all suggestions and $ for bindings and boot set.

Thank you

Evan

I have some AF700s in size 30. No liners. (You probably want Thermoflex or Intuition to minimize fit issues. I think there are some in the classifieds.) Measure your feet in centimeters when in an arched position (supported by a decent footbed, not relaxed). If you get over 31, then there are actually too small. If you get less than 30, then these are too big.

I think I probably posted this already, but for your own reference, I wear size 13 US shoes, and these boots are WAY too big. Size 28 seems to fit properly. It's not that the 30s weren't comfortable, they felt great-- it's that they didn't lock my feet in. So when riding, my feet would twist all around, meaning I had little control. Measures I took to fix this caused incredible discomfort (toes getting bashed against the front of the boot, crushed instep, etc). Wearing shoes a size too big is not usually a big problem, but hard boots too big are really unusable and/or uncomfortable.

If the 30s are too big, I may have some Raichle SB in 29. Still trying to figure out if I can make them work for me (they're a bit smaller than the AF in the same size).

Found Board and bindings... Thank you all for your offers. Now, I am still in for boots... I tried on some 30-30.5 and they are way too small. The 31+ are perfect. I will take shells and buy liners locally, or whole boots as well. I am open to Ski, Snowboard and Alpine Touring if the $ is right.

Thank you all again for being so proactive in the beginning stages of my quest to dedicate myself to the carve... This forum (bomberonline.com) has been one of the best most welcoming of all forums I have joined.

Cant wait to meet someone of you in person.

Evan

I have Head Stratos Pro Shells (orange) in 31.5 and would include the nearly worthless liners without it being "in the price", so to speak. Intec heels or the originals, whichever. I posted them up awhile back and am not sure exactly what I was asking. To much in a hurry to look it up - First tell me if interested at all and go from there.

Evan,

I have Donek Nyberg Axxess that I recently picked up that I would be willing to sell. I bought it to play around with, but I need another board like I need a hole in the head. Here is the link to the thread where I purchased the board.

The specs are:

• Length: 182cm
  • Effective Edge: 158cm
  • SCR: 12m
  • Waist Width: 22.5cm

While 182cm may seem a little long, at your height and weight, a long effective edge is not a bad thing. The 12m SCR, will keep the board turning relatively small, but will really turn tight if you power into the turns. The 22.5cm waist width would allow a wide range of binding angles, which could be good for a beginner with relatively large feet. Another bonus is that Donek boards are know to be durable and able to withstand heavy/powerful riders.

E-mail me through my profile if you are interested.

I have Donek Nyberg Axxess that I recently picked up that I would be willing to sell. I bought it to play around with, but I need another board like I need a hole in the head. Here is the link to the thread where I purchased the board.

Thank you so much for the offer and it looks like an AMZING board but I picked up a 176 F2 Speedster. Its funny that you are offering up your Donek Axxess as I JUST spoke with Sean Martin this morning as he was returning my call I placed to him last week. Although it was too late for him to sell me a board as well, he allowed me to pick his brain and he suggested (when im ready to make the big $ plunge) to go with a custom 180cm+ Axxess.

I so appreciate the time and effort you put into responding to my plight.

I should have posted earlier that I have found a board and Catek OS1s...

Just looking for boots of the 31.5 realm, if you have some hardboots of this size or know someone that does please let me know.

I too need another board like I need a hole in my head as you can see my mudroom wall is getting full. The new member (F2 Speedster RS) has already made it up and will call this home.

Thanks again!

He-man%20vid%20and%20F2%20007.JPG