Note to New Members ×

Ex-pat Brits...and Brits in hards?

Emdee406

Just wondering who is out there, where you are and how long you have been here.

I am a Londoner living in Utah, after 15 seasons working in Europe, I fancied a change.It's 11 years for me, living and teaching at Park City.

We will definitely have to get together if you come out next year. I wonder how many ex-pat Brits are BOL members? Also who else out there is an hardbooter riding Brit?

Let's get some British humour (spelt with a 'u') on here!

I'm not an ex-pat, but the last time someone asked me where my accent came from I was about to say "Lancashire" when they guessed Canada. That really isn't good. Of course in Canada they think I'm Australian. Well they think that English people talk like the Queen or like Hollywood villains, and ride like tourists. I'm doing my bit to correct all of those things.

I've met one or two UK hardbooters from time to time here and there, mostly in Europe.

My spies tell me SLC isn't brilliant right now; I'm still waiting to see where the snow falls in the next few weeks.

They used to be, but the US has done some serious catching up recently. You know what I mean?

A lot has changed in the last fifteen years, and there are so many good beers now. If only the bars would realize that using gas to pump drought beer just wrecks it. As does serving it in a frosty glass.

A lot has changed in the last fifteen years, and there are so many good beers now. If only the bars would realize that using gas to pump drought beer just wrecks it. As does serving it in a frosty glass.
yup. a beer should be hand or gravity-drawn, after having undergone a secondary fermentation on-site. chilled, but not frozen.

We've had the worst season for 35 years, we got a good dump last weekend.... But before that it snowed early jan, then rained upto 3500meters, then six weeks of sunshine (Max i recored on the slopes was 17 deg C ) with zero snow, a lot of the runs were patchy and having to dodge grass patches.... it's been tough, but after last weekends dump, it should be better, and hopfully march will be much better.....

France: thanks.. that's what I thought. 25cm all year is what I heard; that's a daily dose in some places. I think I'll wait and see what it does out there. Just trying to avoid another trans-atlantic flight this season.

we have snow all the way down the ciste side. #1 gully is getting daily groomings with the winchcat. it's indescribably scary. (difficult to carve .. narrow)

Hmm... maybe if I can find an excuse to get up there, but it doesn't sound brilliant either. Narrow is not a problem though ;-)

France: thanks.. that's what I thought. 25cm all year is what I heard; that's a daily dose in some places. I think I'll wait and see what it does out there. Just trying to avoid another trans-atlantic flight this season.
Its not that bad, Ive had two good weeks in La Plagne this Feb. Here is a bit of evidence.

">

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VVzeXHsruMw" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe><object width="425" height="344">

</object>

The snow could be quite icy but thats one of the reasons I ride alpine.

Hmm... maybe if I can find an excuse to get up there, but it doesn't sound brilliant either. Narrow is not a problem though ;-)
I am trying to get up this month, will pm you when I am going to see if you can make it. It would be good to put some turns in with Kieran.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVzeXHsruMw?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Looks good - can't get the 1st one to play but I'll try later.

The off piste looks pretty yerg but the pistes seem to be working, and they're empty too.

I was going to go the Alps, but looking at it all maybe I'll go back to BC - flights are cheap now and they have the goods.

Scotland: sounds interesting, just need to get my timing right as I have occasionally to do some work.

Scotland: sounds interesting, just need to get my timing right as I have occasionally to do some work.
we're expecting our final dumping from about tuesday, i think. this morning was another bluebird iced groom day. hooligan turns on the silberpfeil :biggthump

Darren, what is this vid under in YouTube, my phone plays the footage but just goes back to this page not to YT.
Hi Martin, it called "Carve La Plagne". The footage is a bit shakey and my riding is not what it once was but I was enjoying myself. I blame age and symetrical boards, it maybe time to dig out the pj7 and have some botox.:lol: