Note to New Members ×

Soft boot bindings

Guest vaguelyevilguy

Guest AlpentalRider

If you are talking about softboots, definately take a look at the Burton P1 Carbons. As far as softboots go, these bindings rock and you should be able to find them for around $250.

Originally posted by vaguelyevilguy

What's the best compromise between price and carvability?

I like the Salomon SP6/SPX/SPX Carbons, you should be able to get them $200-250 regularly priced, $150-200 when on sale.

I've heard some good things about Technine bindings in terms of carving response and price ($180-200) - you can find them on www.donek.com among other places.

If you search the forum, you will find that some people really like flow bindings (http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3645)

Of course, the ultimate carving softboot binding in my opinion is the Catek Freeride (www.catek.com) ... the only caveat being that it is not a compromise between price and carveability... especially with the Freeride Pros.

I just got a pair of brand new, still in the box with price tag of $500 Nitro Aura

2.0 size 9 1/2 (27.5) with a pair of brand new Shimano Clicker bindings (again still in box-never mounted) on eBay that are just a bit too small for me. If you are interested, I'd let them go for what I paid ($225) plus shipping. I ride clicker step-ins with Shimano Skylord boots on my all mountain board. This is a "stiff" soft boot set-up that allows for some carving and still able to ride trees and off piste.

I also use the Clicker bindings with the Palmer pro-link system underneath. I use the K2 trasformer boot. Its the stiffest one I could find. K2 still makes that model too. Eventually K2 will phase out the Clicker, but I hope not. I used to use the Shimano Skylord boot and have admired the Nitro Aura boot too.

My Transformers are much stiffer than the Skylords.

Finding a pair of Clickers are easy and less expensive. Its allowed me to mount a pair on all my freeride boards with out too much $$.

Good luck with whatever works for you!

I'm happy with my Salomon SP6's from a few years back. Stiff enough for softie trenching, and great for powder. For boots, Malamutes.

I liked the K2 Clickers w/ highbacks, but never warmed up to the ones without. Couldn't find a boot that was both comfortable and performed. I really thought the HB Clickers would stick around but they were the first to go.