Note to New Members ×

GoPro Mania

jolson

GOPRO mania......

<HR style="COLOR: #3399ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Tried the old GOPRO Mounted on the board.......lasted about four runs before the mount came off but got enough for a movie clip.....not great form but alot of fun......

Try this link....

OK, dumb question: How are you guys making sure the GoPro is "ON" when riding alone ?

Do you turn it on and check visually (for the blinking) then slip it into the mount, or do you just press the button :eek: and hope it is on ?? Have a helmet mount, but haven't tried it yet.

If I can see it I just watch for the light. If I can't (helmet) then I listen for the beeps. They're pretty quiet, but audible as long as you're not standing beside a diesel lift or something.

I used Sony Vegas Studio HD. It's something like $99 to download from their site. It's not too fancy but does basic editing pretty easily. I've edited HD video on a 3-year-old laptop with it, I just had to make the preview window small. Disclaimer: this is the only HD editor I've ever tried so I have no idea if there's something way better for less money.

OK, dumb question: How are you guys making sure the GoPro is "ON" when riding alone ?

Do you turn it on and check visually (for the blinking) then slip it into the mount, or do you just press the button :eek: and hope it is on ?? Have a helmet mount, but haven't tried it yet.

I have the camera set to the mode where it starts filiming when I turn it on and it stops fliming when I turn it off. It simplifies the issue, one touch and hold to on and I am filiming, on touch and hold and its off.

I practiced numerous times with the camera attached to the helmet in front of a mirror to make sure I was holding the button down long enough for on and off.(red light on) .....I have NOT missed yet when I have intended to be filming or when I have meant to turn it off. Simple.:biggthump

As it goes to editing softwarre for the short films I have put together, I use "Microsoft Movie Maker" that comes with almost all OFFICE packages so its free if you have a Microsoft OFFICE package. I have not known anything different so I cannot compare it to anything else, but Movie Maker is flexible, and easy to learn and use (unless you have a VISTA operating system or older I am told).