Note to New Members ×

Naskiska Jan 30 9AM-noon

Puddy Tat

I'll be in Banff riding with my family next weekend. We're planning on hitting Nakiska for the second day. I'm going to bring my Schtub, and carve in the morning on Siliver Chair, and then join the rest of my family again after lunch.

So if anyone wants to meet up for the morning I'll either be in the lodge first thing or carving on Silver Chair (because Gold Chair handed me my @ss last weekend :)). You can hang out in the afternoon with me too but the rest of my family doesn't move at hardbooting speeds yet.

Cheers,

Dave

Thaks Allee,

It'll be great to ride with you guys again. Blair said he might make it too.

According to Blair I'm hard to miss what with the "British Cop Yellow" jacket. If you don't see me in the lodge first thing I'll be out running laps under Silver chair. I'll come into the run just under the black face.

Cheers,

Dave

PS hope the toe is getting better, you should pick up some of those Thermic boot heaters. They're not cheap but my wife swears by hers, and she's in sorties.

Broke it last weekend in a random fall. He was having it looked at this week ... I haven't talked with him, so I dunno what the verdict is.

Dave, the toe is doing well considering ... it's sixteen different colours and looking pretty gross right now, but no pain, no infection. Just have to wait until everything falls off and we can see where to go from there.

Argh, and I thought about going to Sunshine today too, but the ski report for there was even colder than K Country! Hope you had a good day! When I left Nakiska at 1.30 the temperature gauge on the car said -8, and it's -18 in Calgary now.

So ... this morning the report for Nakiska says "Monster Powder Alert ... 35cm overnight!!!" So I grab my softies and go, anticipating another day like NES Day 1, and get there to find the lower mountain is perfect groom. Perfect. The best carving conditions so far this season. No powder in sight ... and I left the hardboot setup at home, too lazy to cold wax the Axxess.

Not to worry ... once I got the angles sorted on the softy setup, spent four hours softboot carving the lower mountain on the Madd BX (at least I had a decent board under the floppy binders!) Had a BALL. Learned a ton - having to concentrate on technique to rail the board with softies, good stuff. Rode with Sean for a couple of runs, who was looking good and having a great day after a so-so time at Whitefish. Only saw three or four people each run on Maverick and Eye Opener... magic. Epic day. Loved it.

I guess all the pow was up top. I guess that was where all the people were too!

Freezing cold and crappy grooming.

I took the Schtubby and couldn't put anything together. To top it off in an hour and a half I got some frost nip on my toes. Nothing like yours but was painful when it thawed after about twenty minutes. We left at 2PM via the gondola, snow was so slow I wouldn't have even wanted to try the ski out.

Saturday was great at Sunshine 21cm of fresh on the shorter twin Donek with my T225s dropped a large rock (mini-cliff) for about 10'-15' of vertical on the Standish headwall. That was the first cliff i've been off in about 15 years and the first cliff I've dropped in plates.

Sorry I got veto'd and wasn't able to come.:mad:

Dave

Thanks for the props Allee, but you were killing it. There were a couple of guys that showed up late, I think it was waypastfast and Freddy, ripping the s#*! out of this one! It was good snow, good sun and a few runs with some great company. This is the kind of day I will be sighing about come July.