Note to New Members ×

flc vs wcr

xy9ine

It'll be a longterm keeper, trust me.

Shakedown cruise today at Stratton-4" new, clumpy, over groom. The FLC is a rail, and will make any size turn you want.

I got tossed a couple of times while figuring out the VSR-just need a bit more time in the saddle.

Overall: damp, forgiving, and comfortable.

BTW, Sidewinders are awesome!:D

• 1 month later...

update: due to erroneously built board (regular instead of wide), i ended up sending it back for a refund - will most likely reorder something next season after i've had the summer to ruminate. was *almost* ready to keep the thing. they ran out of green topsheets, thus the change to maple leaf; if it had been green, I might have kept it (the aesthetics ho that i am). goobye, flc, i hardley knew ye:

efbfb11a.jpg

now i'm thinking a narrowed (~23cm) BX might be cool (ie, hardboot specific). kinda like an extra wide flc. it's metal and the 168 has the same 12/14 radius as the 173 flc, and going custom narrow is only a $70 upcharge (vs $150 for going wider). my palmer is getting on in years & boris keeps raving about that kessler bx of his...

It would make one hell of the nice quiver with Kesslers 156 and 174! All you would need after that is a Dynastar for the really deep days.

12-14 sc... You want to trash that thing all-mountain, right? I'd recommend much tighter cut, like 9-11 or so... That would be another upcharge, I guess...

Also, take into consideration that Prior's BXers are built for soft boots (flex). By narrowing the board by 2cm, you'll end up with even softer flex. Talk this through with Prior himself.

I have to say this board is absoluetly amazing!!! This is my first season on it and I am blown away. I ride VT and it handles every conditon and any size turn. I was in Utah in Feb and it ripped-steeps,12+ inches of powder, late day crud. It floated just fine. It is so smooth and never washes out. Kudos to Bruce!!! Just my opinion. :biggthump