Note to New Members ×

Snowboard gates return to Okemo

patmoore

For the third consecutive season, Okemo in southern Vermont, is the only NASTAR venue in the nation to set snowboard gates on one course on a regular basis. Today saw some impressive runs. If you're in the neighborhood stop by and lay down some runs.

Went over and did some runs on Sat. And had a good day.

Not actually having anywhere to run gates and train this was a good way to get a little gate time before my next race.

Will be heading back again.

Thanks Pat for keeping this going.

Alex

This coming Saturday is no good. The mountain is holding a Hopefuls race and both courses will be set with ski gates. I plan to set snowboard gates Sunday (Jan 23) from 10 - 2 and both Sat and Sun the following weekend. Guido and I made a bunch of runs this past Sunday. At this point it looks like the gates will be available on Jan 30 and 31. Feb 5 - 6 doesn't look good. Caveat: If I'm working alone I may only have time to set the inside stubbies and not the panels themselves.

Unlimited runs on the course for $10. There is an adjacent t-bar so you can avoid the long chairlift ride and do quick laps.

To be safe, shoot me an email if you're planning on coming.

great hill, is gordon robbins still running the snowboard program down there he was a great mentor to me back in the early 90's - 98, any day better than another to ride with some of you guys up there ? i dont get off island often but love to carve with a good group of folks

I'm not familiar with the gentleman but he could very well be there. I'm with the racing department and don't know too many of the instructors.

I'd love to ride with you but I'm pretty much committed to one trail - Lower Blackout. If you're in the neighborhood Feb 18-19 stop by. We'll be running a clinic.

No snowboard gates this coming Saturday, Feb 5 but there's an outside chance I'll be able to set a course on Sunday, the 6th. We're good for both the 12th and 13th and of course the clinic on the 18th and 19th

Come on out and beat the pacesetter. He's old and slow..... :p

• 2 weeks later...

The venue will be booked with some private races in the mornings of most weekends going forward so both course will be set with ski gates. The only time I can see setting the snowboard gates again is March 19-20. I'll be flying to the NASTAR Nationals two days later so that will probably be it for the season.