Note to New Members ×

Just got a free board!

zoltan

So I'm the new owner of a Nitro Range EX 163 board.

I saw my boot fitter last night, and we started alpine boards, when he told me to hang on, went upstairs, and came back with an old Nitrous board. He told me its one he picked up a long time ago to try out, and it's been hanging around ever since. He asked me if I wanted it, I asked him how much, and he said I can have it free if I want it. Since I'm not one to pass up a free board I grabbed it.

It looks like it's in good shape, and I hope to try it this weekend.

Can anyone tell me anything about the board? Sorry about the picture quality.

board1.jpg

board2.jpg

board3.jpg

I don't know about the model but it is a Nitro, not Nitrous:) I quick did a search in Google but it only came up with one post from a newsgroup.

It looks like some of the newer carving boards with the blunt tails for more of an edge but maybe with that nose it will float a bit better in the powder. But then again, I've never seen one but there is no way I would pass up a free board like that! Maybe if it was a Burton Cruzer or something but even then I would use it for rails or something.

Nice job! Tell us how you like it:)

IIRC that was from the year they stopped making the asyms - maybe 93 or 94? I think that was like a all-mountain carver, similar to the Burton Coil.

Should be fun if you can work with the binding stance - most of the boards from that era had stances in the 16-17" range, much narrower than most people ride now.