Note to New Members ×

Crystal Mountain

Trenchman

The first weekend is finally here!

They are open 9-5 both days this weekend (only cheers), and open full time starting next weekend.

Anyone make it out to brave the crowd? It looked pretty busy on the webcam.

It was my sons first birthday party today so it wasn't in the cards for me,

I might make it out sunday if grandma will babysit.

Who has got a crystal pass this year?

• 3 months later...

My Sunday plans got screwed up so I went out Monday. The snow was great till about 11 then softened up quick. Buck had some serious dips in the groom and Loki had some random ridges. Still alot of fun though, got lots of comments from the senior skiers who wished I had a day job.

I am going out Tuesday with hopes that the grooming improved.

This coming Sunday is the Telefest at Crystal, I will be there till 1:30 unless I find a babysitter.

Anyone see this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7359508n

I see him alot at Crystal, Its amazing how well he does for his age.

"Anyone see this?"

Hey Clebner,

We met John, a "90+" skier up in Harbor Springs this past weekend and he filled us in on his group. He couldn't leave the lodge early Sunday as he had to catch the CBS Morning show to see himself and friends on TV. Seemed like a great guy and was living the life!

Check this

http://www.mynorth.com/My-North/February-2011/100-Years-Old-and-Still-Skiing-in-Northern-Michigan/

The snow was great on Sunday at The Highlands, no crowds and sunshine from 9:45 until about 1:00. Saturday was fun riding as the snow was falling but the micro-brew fest more than made up for the lack of sun; had a big tent with 130+ different brews available. I liked Short's Humalumalicious IPA of what I sampled.

"Anyone see this?"

Hey Clebner,

We met John, a "90+" skier up in Harbor Springs this past weekend and he filled us in on his group. He couldn't leave the lodge early Sunday as he had to catch the CBS Morning show to see himself and friends on TV. Seemed like a great guy and was living the life!

What an inspiration. Thanks for posting that.