Note to New Members ×

New Thermo Flex Liners M29

Randy T.

I could really use new liners, but my liners are size 28.

Can anybody tell me if I'll get a decent fit from molding a slightly larger liner into my existing boot?

Shells are AF600, upper is stamped 28-30.5, lower boot is stamped 325/28.5 on the inside and 309mm on the outside.

Thanks,

Trip

Hmm, if you really need size 28, then I do think the shells you have are way big for you and your foot is moving inside the shells (= dangerous). Some of the boots gurus probably will pitch in here, but the in the FAQs there is a nice write up about boots sizes/sizing. I do think that it's better to get the correct shell size and work it from there rather than filling up the extra space in the bigger shells by putting larger liner. Good luck :biggthump.

I could really use new liners, but my liners are size 28.

Can anybody tell me if I'll get a decent fit from molding a slightly larger liner into my existing boot?

Shells are AF600, upper is stamped 28-30.5, lower boot is stamped 325/28.5 on the inside and 309mm on the outside.

Thanks,

Trip

Hey Trip,

You have a 28 shell so no these liners will not work for you, sorry.

Per the info in this post, M28 = 309mm. Ignore the size stamped on the upper part of the boot.

The shell of the boot fits sizes in range from *.0 - *.9 (for ex, a 26.0 - 26.9). The next shell takes over where this one ends. The liner makes up the difference from here ONLY IF IT IS NOT A THERMOFLEX LINER!!!! If it is a thermoflex liner, it runs the same as the shell and should be sized appropriately.

Thermoflex liners do not come in half sizes, as the whole size will form to your foot as long as you do the shell test and the shell is the right size.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...