Note to New Members ×

Mixed e-pads on Sidewinders

Mike T

Just curious if anyone else has tried mixing e-pads on Sidewinders. On a whim I tried yellow on the outside, blue on the inside today. The snow was not firm enough nor visibility good enough for a true test but I liked the feel. Overall felt like the plush ride of yellow with the responsiveness of blue.

Fin - any reason I should not continue doing this?

Mike,

Hey, I am surprised more people have not tried mixed combos yet. I see no issues with doing it at all.

Funny enough I was thinking the opposite of what you did for a set-up. Yellow inside, blue outside. Most people want that flexibility inward, but outward they want the "insurance" of a firmer feel to keep them on top of the board.

But, hey, to each there own and let the mixing begin!

My rear leg on heelside and front leg on toeside usually feel like they are providing more lever action than the other - thus the choice of blue on the inside, to retain a little more of that leverage. It also encourages "separate zee knees". I have a tendency to overdo my heelside at low speeds, which this tends to mitigate as well.

My rear leg on heelside and front leg on toeside usually feel like they are providing more lever action than the other - thus the choice of blue on the inside, to retain a little more of that leverage. It also encourages "separate zee knees". I have a tendency to overdo my heelside at low speeds, which this tends to mitigate as well.

Please take this all with a grain of salt coming from a "wrench fiddlin, princess and the pea, fussy little catek rider." (AKA, I don't have the pleasure of sidewinders and e-pads to play with)

Mike, normally when I feel as you describe, it is because I do not have enough cant. If you are riding 3 or 6 degree cant/lift you could try pushing both of your cants outward by just a little bit and I think it would make this feel alot better.

If you ride flat, then this e-pad idea is a good one, or, it is possible that your body is actually asking your to add some cant/lift to your setup. Another large culprit can be your boot cuff cant.

Thanks Todd. I tend to be a fiddler too, just didn't like Cateks...

Flat front, 6 in back. I already had a little outward cant in back. As you're probably aware Bomber zeros do not allow for any canting. I found that I could only do a *little* outward cant in back with pre-SW Bombers otherwise my heelside would go south quickly. I might try adding a little more now that I have SWs, but first I want to try what I rode yesterday on harder snow. Which won't be today... 9" overnight :biggthump

Thanks Todd. I tend to be a fiddler too, just didn't like Cateks...

Flat front, 6 in back. I already had a little outward cant in back. As you're probably aware Bomber zeros do not allow for any canting. I found that I could only do a *little* outward cant in back with pre-SW Bombers otherwise my heelside would go south quickly. I might try adding a little more now that I have SWs, but first I want to try what I rode yesterday on harder snow. Which won't be today... 9" overnight :biggthump

If there are any other bomber riders in your riding group, see if you can borrow 2 x 3 degree cants, or a 3 and a 6. Getting off of the flat on the front foot will let you dial this in.

If there are any other bomber riders in your riding group, see if you can borrow 2 x 3 degree cants, or a 3 and a 6. Getting off of the flat on the front foot will let you dial this in.

Tried it, didn't like it. My back leg is orthopedically short, even 3/6 is not comfortable.