• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One run Blastoff. Snow was good.

Made it six runs before it became a bit

overcrowded for one trail with so many fresh legs.

Heavy rain tonight, but once the cold comes back tomorrow they think they'll have two more trails by Sat and one open in th beginner area.

The drive to the snow is getting shorter for you mass guys.

EZE

• 2 weeks later...

Yell louder from the lift, I ride in the zone man.:eplus2:

Saturday was great snow I thought hard and gripy I ran the quad from 8 to 10am no stops. Left and went to magic carpet on my Newbury dump reuse pile skis and the 3 year old.

Sunday had moderate snow falling but was windy as heck, they shut down the sunbowl lift due to it. I rode the lower mt triple as eggbeater and the terrain park(no features) were wide open. Sleet started about 10 and I left.

Snowed about 2 inches last night.

They're predicting 33 - 35 trails for this weekend.

EZE

I got there at 9:15 or so, and then had to fetch my season pass,etc. Probably only overlapped you by half an hour, and I was still trying to find my legs.

I'll be there a bit, and I'll be on a metallic gray axis172, deeluxe325t, black pants, grey/light grey spyder jacket, grey ski race helmet. Not the most highly visible guy there. Haha

Any weekend/big pow day/vacation day/sick day/ Mass Guys Wednesdays;) I'm there for first chair and not more then 3 hours (maybe more on a sick day) I just can't take the crowd.

Would love to make turns with anyone coming this way.

Flying Goose will open this week, get there soon before they put the mogels on it(for xmas vacation). Upper Goose is possibly one of the best carving trails in NH when not bumped. And great grandstanding right under the lift.

Love to watch the fingers pointing and the jaws dropping.

EZE

Once they cut the bumps they stay. Usually half way through the season they rip them down and cut them again. There was only one year, the big snows of 2001 that in early April they pushed them flat.

The north peak has the steepest terrain on the mountain, the lift is slow but it is usually not as crowded. On deeper powder days it is the only place to ride, the rest of the mountain just doesn't have enough pitch to keep you going.

Leave a note here the next time you're coming up and we can connect.

Eric

Hey did you get the pumkin car fixed? How will we know you're there? Wife is up there today, we're headin' up Sunday for the day. Also X-mass eve and day. Hope the lift doesn't explode this year!

I'll be pickin' your brain about gates this year, company has a team at Crotched Wednesday nights nastar. A drinkin' team with a snowboard problem.

Paul

Paul,

Come on, orange is an outdated color I just hit the deer to get a new car.

New color is the blend in with everyone else Subaru Outback Green.

I will be riding 24, 25, 26 each morning then back with the boy on the carpet.

As well I will be there 31, 1, 2 with the same schedule.

I'm on the quad at 8am for at least 4 or 5 leg burner runs.

If the goose IS open without bumps I'll be starting there.

Yesterday was my first visit to Sunapee and it definitely will not be my last. I saw one other carver (much better than me) from the lift shredding the groom in the early hours on Bananza. Was that anyone here?

I'm still having some difficulty carving steeper pitch (e.g. Bananza and Blastoff), but after watching some very skilled turns from the lift, it gave me lots of inspiration. My technique is improving and I think I owe some of my recent success to the unknown carver I saw. Thank you, whoever you were! :)

By the middle of the morning I was really enjoying making turns on Bananza and Chipmunk until Chipmunk started to get soft and crowded. Around noon, I moved over to Wingding off the Snowbowl quad which was still hard packed and mostly empty - a nice combo! :biggthump Around 2 it started to ice up and my legs were shot so I packed it in.

Overall a great day!

Michael

Glad you enjoyed it, Michael.

It wasn't me, but I might suspect it was Eric.

I do believe I ran into another carver there last year. Donek Axis rider, if i remember correctly.

Side note: Anyone game for the 22nd (or maybe 23rd)? I'd like to get in a good day of runs before the high schools get out for break.

Andrew

Hey did you make it yesterday? We didn't see any tracks. Rolled in a little late 9:00. Not bad the wife said Thursday snow was better. The big hill was open but real tight first thing in the a.m. only did one down the front. We'll be there the 24th but the blackout begins Christmas day this year so we'll miss the lift explosion if the do a V2.0 of that show. Guns roared all day Skyway and Chataract should be open SOON!:1luvu:

Michael, t'was me. Tried to speed up and then slow down to match up with you but we never connected. I only get 2 hours of carving so I move really fast.

Paul, Saturday the snow was sweet but it did melt a bit and then hardened up for Sunday. Bonanza was very firm, Skyway was a bit better.

I have the 24th off and will be there for the morning then back with the boy and in the South Park area.

As with last year I bought the big pass so no blackout for me.

The mt. is pumping out the snow should be a bunch of new stuff opening this week.

This is my new look so yell if you see me.

Eric

post-330-1418423290_thumb.jpg

All, I have been riding Sunapee for years. My entire family skis. I picked up boarding about 5 years ago. I am always jealous when I see you guys carving. I would love to give it a try but equipment is hard to find and I have never seen loaners. Any recommendations on starting out? I am up there every weekend and all vacations and would really like to try something new.

All, I have been riding Sunapee for years. My entire family skis. I picked up boarding about 5 years ago. I am always jealous when I see you guys carving. I would love to give it a try but equipment is hard to find and I have never seen loaners. Any recommendations on starting out? I am up there every weekend and all vacations and would really like to try something new.

Clockwoo,

We're setting up a Pureboarding test center at Berkshire East Ski Area in Charlemont, MA. Should have things rolling in about a week.

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31763

I saw a very shiny new donek in the board rack today, but no rider.

That your new toy, eric?

Good news from the day, actually figured out how to shift my weight back on heelsides, significantly reduced the chatter problem. Also got referred to as the "king of carves" by a skier with his son. Realistically I'm more like the kings apprentice, but I took it as quite a compliment.

But very interesting, who could it be??

I'll be riding next three days first thing then on the carpet with the boy.

Same for next weekend 31, 1, 2.

If anyone is coming up i can probably change my sch and ride a bit longer in the morning.

EZE

There's enough of us that have boards that you could try out. One of our buddies has a set of boots and extra bindings. He could probably get you set up with some gear to try. There is a crew that rides in Jan and Feb mid week on the 2 for 1 days. Drop me a line through BOL and I'll see if my buddy has any interest in getting you on some gear.

Dingbat is probably your best bet however at getting on some good alpine gear. He is offically the only demo center east of the Mississippi.

I can probably only do 1 or maybe 2 days this season. Sorry EZE:( I'm now at the point where I'm spending more time on snow with my kid.

But very interesting, who could it be??

I'll be riding next three days first thing then on the carpet with the boy.

Same for next weekend 31, 1, 2.

If anyone is coming up i can probably change my sch and ride a bit longer in the morning.

EZE

Hm, that is quite interesting. IIRC, it was the new green carbon flame topsheet, with td3s, and either the design was dark near the binders or it might have had a plate?!

(very) shiny, as I said.

In case some of you are new to the Sunapee Vacation Crowd Experience next week will be PACKED. The only time to ride is early morning and get out quick.

They will run you over and there is nowhere to hide.

All the best trails will be open for tomorrow. Skyway, Cataract, Hansen Chase.

The snow is incredible and we got 2 inches last night and it looks like a pretty big storm brewing for Sunday night and all day Monday, dare I say possibly Powder first thing Monday.

With vacation as with weekends they open the lifts at 8am, get there early and enjoy the sunapee cord, voted best in the east five years running.

Or go ride go0n with T32, I hear the ice and rocks are really good this year.