Note to New Members ×

Upgrade to Prior 4X4?

barryj

OK...I an old and cheap SOB and I've been riding a Sims Descender 163 and a Sims Daytona 168, both bought new in 2001!

I'm 6'2 and 225lbs, mondo 29.5 and get out at least once a week throughout the season and all though the Sims are still running strong I guess I might benefit from a newer ride.

I'm riding in New England and have fun on blue/blacks doing mostly big, wide carves.

So...I was thinking of a Prior 4X4 174....slighty used

What do you guys say? Is this a move in the right direction or would you recommend something else?

Thanks for the info guys.....

My angles are steep enough that I don't hang over on either Sims...around 57 degrees regular on Oxygen 01 step in bindings.

Besides wide open groomers I also like the narrow trails with more terrain to negoiate...that's why the shorter boards.

The Descender has been the All Mtn. Carver for me and the Daytona has been the wide open groomer.....kinda looking for one do-all Board.

Here's the stats for those boards: I had the board lengths wrong......

Daytona: length 162cm

Waist 25.3cm

Sidecut Radius 9m

Flex 5.6

Descender: Length 157cm

Waist 25.3

Sidecut R 8.7

Flex 6.7

What about a Prior ATV?

Good info guys...I'm gonna go with the 4X4...thanks!

Rick, I ride Burke weekly (free pass from work) and I get around to one of the following, Cannon, Bretton Woods, Wildcat and Cranmore at least once a month. My son has a season pass to Cannon so I try to get out with him some.