Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2010-2011

Ok, I sorta understand them not grooming yesterday cuz they thought it would dump overnight. But today should have been good carving... why no grooming? they didn't do any thing on SS or HRM:mad: Oh yeah, and MHX was "broken"? On my way back from HRM i thought Id get on Vista but....Blue chair was stopped. I'd run out of patience and bagged it. And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine.:D I did learn something new today though....Blue chair may actually be slower then Rainbow, though I'm sure it stopping 3 times on the way up added to that perception.

I hear ya Galen...... We made the choice to take Buttercup to Vista first thing in the morning and had some great pow runs until it got tracked out. Took Blue over to the other side and it all pretty much sucked. Think it took 10mins or more to ride up Blue. Not a snowboard friendly chair. Glad we don't pay $69 per day.......

Dan :barf:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oregon state high school races made the the mountain a but busy today, but there was some good carving out there. Got tracked out really fast on the main runs. Vista main run was a mine field of bad groom. Opened Cascade at 11:30 but they didn't really groom anything but a small path:confused:. Mostly windpacked powder. Hopefully next week brings us some stellar days before spring break starts because you know what that means.... Lots of people.... Tuesday will be our next day.

Later,

Dan:barf:

4-6 of fairly dry and a couple on the groom. Vista opened about 10:30, was actually a little wind packed in spots, not as nice as the SS and HRM sides but still fun.

Thanks for the updates Galen. Glad you got in on another good one. It looked really promising. Wish I could have been there. Are you going to switch over to Timberline this spring?

PS. Just increased the quiver by 18 boards , plus I have a dozen or twenty that I have previously listed for sale. Might be worth your time to stop for a quick visit some afternoon on your way through here? Bryan

Went up last night after work... Fairly tracked out but found some pow hidden under the cascade lift. Visibility went to crap about 7:30.

Whenever cascade opens up, it'll be epic up there

Good to see your posts Greg. It is particularly nice to get the nigh sider view of things. Hope to get a chance to ride with you before things wind down for the season. Projects are really cutting into the play time.

Pretty decent snow the last couple days. Powder runs on Wed and some carving on Thursday. Mostly fluff over groom, which made for some fun GS turns. Met up with Galen on Shooting Star and we worked our way around. Thanks for hanging out Galen... Get that radio out and maybe we can meet up and make some runs again sometime.

Looks like ride board got scared off by spring break. Don't blame ya.... Anyway, took a chance today and was rewarded with hero groom with very light traffic on the hill. The only kicker was flat light. This has been the year of flat light and mixed conditions. Friday might be our next day if the reports hold.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while. Needed a break from work-work-work for sure.

The weather report last night got me going.;) Cold, dry wind blown snow, then add a fair amount of blue sky!! Good day, fast fresh, quite a bit of wind but not terribly busy, ran into Randy K round 10:30am made some runs. Saw one other hardbooter laying down some nice lines in the fresh. More on the way. Back to work for me :(

Brian - have you been to Hoodoo? I went for the first time a couple of weekends back, and was impressed with the snowboard collection mounted upstairs in the lodge. Did you have anything to do with that?

Brian - have you been to Hoodoo? I went for the first time a couple of weekends back, and was impressed with the snowboard collection mounted upstairs in the lodge. Did you have anything to do with that?

Yes, I like Hoodoo, it is "Steep and Cheap" :biggthump

No, not my collection. I was thinking he had sold off most of his collection. Glad to hear it remains at Hoodoo.

I went up today, and it was a great day. Bryan, was wondering if you were up there somewhere -- I guess not.

NWAC reported only 3 inches from close yesterday until open today, but they were definitely wrong about that. It rode like closer to 8 - pretty much bottomless everywhere, and while it definitely wasn't champagne powder, it was fairly light, especially for April on Hood. I had the best runs I've had in years on O-Ring and 3D Bowl - bottomless and fresh tracks.

By about 10:45 things were getting pretty tracked up; I did my last run out via God's Wall, which was not that great -- 6 inches of fresh on top of windpack/ice crust.

The upper mountain was closed, so Vista and Cascade could be pretty fun when they get open.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/22046980" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="

">MHM 040511</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user6642183'>http://vimeo.com/user6642183">oldsnowboards</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

SS was awesome. 1-2" over grippy groom. HRM not so much, less then an inch on frozen and not too smooth groom. The dozen or so runs I did on SS were worth it though. By the time I got back to the lodge Vist was running at half speed, went home.