Note to New Members ×

Get Dialed IN - a clinic by John Gilmour

John Gilmour

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other place for carving in the USA that can give such a good carving experience is Sun Valley (Which I have only heard about and never had the lucky opportunity to ride). Aspen's nice- as is Beaver Creek- but Bachelor for super high speed carving is on another level when you hit it at the right time.

Get Dialed looks like a good idea. The video that you are considering is going to be more the technical end of things? Cants, angles etc???

I am working on a video project that is more geared towards upper level carving either for personal fulfillment or to share. Thanks for the nod towards Sun Valley. That not too many carvers have found us is why I am trying to put together a little carve session in January. (Shameless plug to follow:).

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=7212

The mountain here is much steeper carving than most are used to, with a lot more speed and resultant spectacular wipeouts possible with incorrect body positioning.

Sorry you cant make it or could you?? Would that be too much of a tease to be here in January and not to be able to rip it?

As one who is not ....light, aggressive and likes to ride fairly forward - I took to heart your comments about the folded noses on boards of past. Thankfully not so much an issue now.

Best and continue your speedy recovery,

Jerry

• 2 months later...