Cheap Palmer skis

BobD

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For sure. Sixteen years. One of the high lights of visiting PC is to go the international store in Kimball and stock up on McVities chocolate digestives, and Tunnock's caramel wafers ;)
tunnocks make the wafers and teacakes with dark chocolate, now. blue/gold wrapper. evil stuff.

Here's a little video of the 163s

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=1sgjyd&s=7"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1sgjyd&s=7'>http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1sgjyd&s=7">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

Nice carving on those Palmers! Well, I gave in, sold my 171's and found a pair of 155's still in the plastic for $299 and Head matching black & silver bindings for $60, all from a liquidating company! Boots are next at around $150...but I have to wait for more tips from lessons...

Hey, maybe when you come back to PC we'll have a session on the boards AND the skis :biggthump

• 3 weeks later...

Another ski you might want to try is the Rossignol Avenger 82TI in 162 length. The metal and geometry makes for an fantastic carving ski. I hardly noticed the extra width on transitions, but was able to drop my inside knee further without boot out. It was reasonably light, felt a lot longer than it's length, and a bit like a wide race ski.

I bought Palmer P01s 171cm. Very fun all mtn ski that can carve medium to high speed turns. I wouldn't say they chatter becuase they handle high speeds very well. I think they are a little short for me at 6'2" I could use the 179cm. I am very impressed with the ski. I went with these becuase I found them cheap on ebay and I missed out on the sierra sale last year. Just a thumbs up for another great ski, Palmers are tip top. I'm in the market for P02s if anyone knows where to get the 172s for under $300

I bought Palmer P01s 171cm. Very fun all mtn ski that can carve medium to high speed turns. I wouldn't say they chatter becuase they handle high speeds very well. I think they are a little short for me at 6'2" I could use the 179cm. I am very impressed with the ski. I went with these becuase I found them cheap on ebay and I missed out on the sierra sale last year. Just a thumbs up for another great ski, Palmers are tip top. I'm in the market for P02s if anyone knows where to get the 172s for under $300

Sierra Trading Post has them $359 today only. They are 171's with the mounting plate. Use coupon code CYJ4652C.

________

DelightNight

• 3 weeks later...

I got to try a friend's Head Xennon 7 skis. What an excellent recreational low-speed carver! They inittiate way easier (softer) then my Metrons and are much lighter, turn tighter and hold great (metal). However, they are too light/short/soft for chopped up black runs. Roy overheard some guys saying: "Look he skis the same way he snowboards!"

• 9 months later...

I don't think there's much of a warranty program in the US going by the FB page. I did have a fall a couple of weeks ago that might have caused it, but nothing other skis haven't gone through without damage. It is a shame, I had just got the ramp dialed in.

• 1 month later...

I have all three P02s. The 155 is just crazy fun, as in ultra slalom, with it's 10.5M sidecut. You might like it martin, if you want to recreate your skateboard slalom turns on skis, but they would be tiring for long periods of skiing.

I'd like to buy the 155cms if they haven't seen much use...what would you like for them? Think of a fair price and add $75 to remove any sellers remorse.

I'd like to buy the 155cms if they haven't seen much use...what would you like for them? Think of a fair price and add $75 to remove any sellers remorse.

John, I appreciate the offer. In a few years time there will be many skis like them, especially as the sl race skis go over to similar design. For now I really like them, If I have a student (often special needs) that always straight lines without some physical guide to follow, I can lay down tight railroad track turns at reasonably low speeds for them to ski on. Also my wife who is quite a low level skier, skis far better on them than other skis.

There were others on the forum that bought 155s who may want to part with them.

I will sell mine. Bought mine at the same time everyone else. Took one run and had knee pain, never took them out again. I had a local shop mount new Head Freeflex Pro. bindings. Ready to go. How bout $425. plus shipping from 83002.

I will sell mine. Bought mine at the same time everyone else. Took one run and had knee pain, never took them out again. I had a local shop mount new Head Freeflex Pro. bindings. Ready to go. How bout $425. plus shipping from 83002.
You are in Jackson right? Can I paypal you? She has a size 7 foot... will she need to remount?

also...are these 12.5 radius or the newer 10.5M ?

Edited by John Gilmour

You are in Jackson right? Can I paypal you? She has a size 7 foot... will she need to remount? also...are these 12.5 radius or the newer 10.5M ?
I live in Jackson, Wy. Paypal is good. caspercarver@hotmail.com I don't know the first thing about skis but i included some photos, it appears the bindings are adjustable? they are set up now for size 26. These are 10.5 radius with riser plates. I will box them up and and get you a shipping price.

post-3662-141842364817_thumb.jpg

post-3662-141842364821_thumb.jpg

post-3662-141842364822_thumb.jpg