Note to New Members ×

grrrr you guys wanna start praying for me?

D-Sub

so its settled. goin to Bend.

well, almost settled at least.

and...things arent lookin so hot snow wise! a paltry 10" base. What the heck is that?

just looked at Brigton...54" mammoth...whatever it is...its a lot...

I know its only mid november, but everyone else in the west seems to be rockin already!

Im gonna have to have a talk with someone about this:)

Dude, like Mike says, be patient. They almost always open by Thanksgiving. Just turn off the frickin computer and go climb some stairs so you won't be whining when you get to Bend!!

(sorry, tough love kinda advice that I need to take myself)

It is a great town, a bit more laid back than what you are probably used to , however there are plenty of Californian's there too. (I know you are not a native Cali).

Great area , awesome carving. You will love it, don't sweat the small stuff. If you are going to be unemployed, it is a great place to be!!) Enjoy!! Bryan

We can swap new sticks!!!

I've visited Bend several times. Even if there's little snow, there is still plenty of things to do in and around Bend--kayak, mountain bike, play golf, hike or rock climb Smith Rocks, and drink lots and lots of good beer and strong coffee!!! If you're dying for snow you can always drive to Mt. Hood.

It's a great town with a cool vibe. Have fun and enjoy it!!

I lived in bend for 3 seasons, and have been away for years now getting my s*$! together so I could move back. It's not an easy town to make a living, but I've finally found my niche! Anyway, I'll be up there 12/12-12/19, in a nice large rental, riding (hopefully) everyday and whoopin' it up at night. If anyone would like to meet up for a few runs, or an evening of pool/beer, shoot me an email!

Robert

D-sub, don't beleive everything you read. Brighton does have 52" or had, they are open, but it is still early season conditions. I just got back from Co. very little terrain open there as well. Remember the mt. snow reports are very one sided.

But still we've been riding and you haven't. Hay-Hay.

Sorry, I had to.

Benz: where did you go? St-Sauveur, St-Bruno? I wasn't even aware there was any snow here! But I'm not much of a fan of going snowboarding when there is no snow in the woods and in the trees (and the parking lot, and so on...).

Was it nice at least? I must of felt good!

Just think D-Sub - you'll be riding at Bachelor through Memorial Day. And if you stay in Bend longer, Timberline is only 2.5 hours away. Yes, right now it seems like everyone west of the Mississippi has more snow than OR does, but over a whole 6 month season, we've got a good thing going here.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by D-Sub

well, Im HERE!

rode on sunday, and to be honest I was a bit intimidated. Seems like everything is steep and narrow! Took a pretty good digger, too.

anyway...yup.

Have you tried the runs off sunrise Express yet? Plenty of wide gentle terrain over there. Also there's wide moderate terrain off of Skyliner Express.