Note to New Members ×

Nidecker Carbon ACT-

MikeC

Looking around for this seasons BX bindings, they will be used on a Kessler type metal board and used specifically used for races. No park or any of that stuff. They're replacing Burton CO2s.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has and experience on these bindings in particular.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the angles you want to run. The binding was comfortable, and responsive, however the highback (at least on the 08/09 version I had) was non-rotatable.

I finally ditched them because I was angulating the board and edging hard enough that I would bury the heel cup of the binding. After ringing my bell and seeing constellations a few times I pulled them off my board and mounted plates on the board.

I'm a carver and never have been a racer so take this with a grain of salt. I was also riding them on a '94 Kelly Slopestyle (171cm/10m/25cm) with size 12 Burton Driver X boots.

Cheers,

Dave

I have Carbon 800s, which is one step under the 900s, that became ACT. They are plenty stiff, almost too much on the highback.

I was told the act was quite a bit softer than the 800 and 900, they still make the 800 and 900 just call them the legend sym and asym. I like the 800 better than the 900 due to the 900 high back not working well for me http://www.nidecker.com/Legend-LTD-ASYM.html#Legend%20LTD%20ASYM

I'd like to try act carbon, the 800 and 900 hurt my ankles due to the side of the binding being so high but overall they are a really solid binding and the act look like the side are lower and the heel hoop is a bit thinnier which is good too. I have dug in the back of the 900s more than once.

Dave

thanks for the info.

I always run Palmer PLS plates and my angles are F15ish and R8-12ish.

Ran 12/-9 in them myself. But never tried a riser. It would've helped a bit, but with my foot size I think I needed a much wider board (maybe 26 or 27cm waist) to run binding angles that low at the angle I was tipping the board up to. Hence the transition to hardboots for everything. For

Dave

There, you go - Bob seems to be more up to date on the models then me.

Yup, right, the heel hoops are quite thick, I dug in my front one too, even with 8.5 boot on 25.6 board. Kicked the front angle up to 30ish and no more problems after that.

you were right too. I think there was a season where the 800/900 was either not available or just not on their website