Note to New Members ×

Want demos for MES????

MUD

Would you like to see demos at MES?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see demos at MES?

• Yes
    • No

Hey all,

I know it's early, but these things take time.

Could you please chime in if you would be interested in having demos at MES this year? There may be a minimal fee to help with all the shipping. Other than that, got anything you would like to ride????? For example, a few isolation plate systems to try?

:lurk:

wouldn't mind demos. isolation plate, please.

swapping bindings and gear takes considerable time. it be cool if we could have a long weekend to play and demo gear. or a couple days during the week?

split it up - one place like afton (or spirit), next day at buck (or giants).

just an idea.

swapping bindings and gear takes considerable time. it be cool if we could have a long weekend to play and demo gear. or a couple days during the week?

just an idea.

OR we could do MES where ever that will be, then the next Sunday at Buck..... We can figure it out.

just an idea.

I was thinking about that. We could figure out the demoing among the twin city people outside MES, and leave MES demo time for those traveling from further afield. Also there's a few of us who ride week days, so that could ease pressure on the weekenders.

as a weekender and night guy, I would say demos on the weekends would be tough in the cities... too crowded to really get your rip on. I would say demoing at MES or even another weekday would be better. I don't know if we would need more than 2 days though, the hills are only 500 vertical with 45 second runs.

as a weekender and night guy, I would say demos on the weekends would be tough in the cities... too crowded to really get your rip on. I would say demoing at MES or even another weekday would be better. I don't know if we would need more than 2 days though, the hills are only 500 vertical with 45 second runs.

crowds wouldn't bother me if i had a couple hours to demo gear. :eplus2:

what bobd said makes sense. it be fun to demo the gear outside the MES event.

• 3 weeks later...

This is proving rather tricky.....

I need a shop to "sponsor" the demos so we can use their liability insurance. Since no one around here is interested in alpine gear, no one is interested in us........:( Neither Afton or Welch will let us "demo" with out insurance.

Huh, I'll keep trying.

If all else fails we may just have a few pieces of gear to share (plates).

This is proving rather tricky.....

I need a shop to "sponsor" the demos so we can use their liability insurance. Since no one around here is interested in alpine gear, no one is interested in us........:( Neither Afton or Welch will let us "demo" with out insurance.

Huh, I'll keep trying.

If all else fails we may just have a few pieces of gear to share (plates).

Doug, explain please.

Does this have to be an "official demo event"?

Who is requiring the liability insurance?

Doug, explain please.

Does this have to be an "official demo event"?

Who is requiring the liability insurance?

This is just to be able to have a tent centrally located. It would be most efficient and let people try out many things in a short period.

We could do the "out of a van" thing, but it would be slow and if they thought we were demoing gear they would ask us to leave.

Both Afton and Welch require you to have your own product liability insurance to run a demo on their property. Otherwise they are liable. They do not want to be liable do to it not being under their control. They have no interest in it being under their control.

If I do the "out of a van" idea, I am liable. This does make me a little nervous.

Mud: *Sheesh!*

We just can't seem to have fun anymore without first signing a waiver. Oh well. Thanks for all your efforts.

(I guess there will be more time left for riding and socializing instead of standing in the cold cranking on gear - That's not all bad... is it?)

Beware the Heat

(Fun but un-related youtube clip.)