Note to New Members ×

Badgers?

bjvircks

With all the football starting up, tailgating, etc.... I was watching all the different school tee shirts. When I can across a group from Wisconsin I couldn't help but think of a line (slightly corrupted) from a Bogart movie.

Badgers?... BADGERS??? We don't need no stinkin' Badgers!

With all the football starting up, tailgating, etc.... I was watching all the different school tee shirts. When I can across a group from Wisconsin I couldn't help but think of a line (slightly corrupted) from a Bogart movie.

Badgers?... BADGERS??? We don't need no stinkin' Badgers!

Hmm, a veracious, tenatious, down right mean, clawed toothy critter is a "lame" team name? Campared to a M*A*S*H Med as in Hawkeye?

Seriously I know you Hawkeyes have respect for Bucky as there are few pushovers in the Big 10, but you need not look far for truely lame team names, the worst aren't even things:

Green?

Horned Frogs?

Banana Slugs (WTF)?

Red?

Owls?

Ducks?

Herd?

Can I mention "Pete the Peacock" ? only in Iowa my friend...

We'll see what happens to the Badgers when they meet the Huskers in 2011....

In defense of several of the maligned mascots....

Horned Toads-will squirt blood out of the eyes if cornered, at least endangered and possibly extinct-I haven't seen one since the early 70s and I grew up within 3 miles of the TCU campus

Owls-just ask any number of nocturnal critters how scary owls can be. Rice, in addition to being a great school, has a great campus life. Seeing the Marching Owl Band (MOB, for short) parody the band of the opposing school is well worth the price of admission to the game

"Green" is actually the "Mean Green" and, if I need to explain the meaning of "mean" to you, well...'nuff said

"Herd" is actually "The Thundering Herd" and, if you don't have a soft spot in your heart for Marshall after seeing the movie "We Are Marshall", then you are a hard-hearted soul indeed