Note to New Members ×

SNES 2011 anyone???

Wolfman

Hi guys,

summer vacations are all done, nights are cool....you all know what that means!!! Yes, its carving time, yeah!!! :eplus2:

Soooo....who can we put on the list again? Yes, somebody is allowed to ride the Coda's this time besides me and Luca. :lol:

Cheers,

Rolf aka Wolfman

I actually talked to Carl (the GM) about this over the summer when I was up there. He was supportive of this as before, we have support from Eric Diem, the head of ski patrol too.

I guess we can start talking about this now. Last year's approach seemed to work pretty well (no formal demos, but lots of quiver sharing; basecamp at Gunsmoke with a mid-day groom, and private lanes if possible!)

What do you guys think?

I actually talked to Carl (the GM) about this over the summer when I was up there. He was supportive of this as before, we have support from Eric Diem, the head of ski patrol too.

I guess we can start talking about this now. Last year's approach seemed to work pretty well (no formal demos, but lots of quiver sharing; basecamp at Gunsmoke with a mid-day groom, and private lanes if possible!)

What do you guys think?

So is this at Mammoth or June? and where the heck is "gunsmoke?":smashfrea

Sorry, June only. Gunsmoke is one of the best carving runs at June. They were uber-accommodating last year and have asked us to come back, even more than once a season if we wanted to.

The corporate overlords at Mammoth don't like demos or organized sessions like this unless you pay their $1k+ marketing fee. :AR15firin

Sorry, June only. Gunsmoke is one of the best carving runs at June. They were uber-accommodating last year and have asked us to come back, even more than once a season if we wanted to.

The corporate overlords at Mammoth don't like demos or organized sessions like this unless you pay their $1k+ marketing fee. :AR15firin

VERY COOL! I looked all over their trail map at June and could not find Gunsmoke. I must be blind. :(

VERY COOL! I looked all over their trail map at June and could not find Gunsmoke. I must be blind. :(

Its off of the top of Rainbow Mtn, on the left. It may look narrow on the trail map, however it is seriously the perfect pitch, width and length for carving. The only downside is the slow J4 lift, but since there are no lift lines, you'll need a minute to let your legs rest anyway. :biggthump

Yeah, I guess if we start early we can get a bigger crew on the mountain although we did have a lot of room to play last time......hhhmmm...should we really share...???:eplus2:

Just kidding, the more the better. Everybody was so cool and nice. No grumpy hoydi toidy peeps please.

Will bring boom box, tools and 3 boards again. I might have a few European guys flying in too.:biggthump

• 2 weeks later...