Note to New Members ×

Donek Snowboards T-Shirt Sighting

utahcarver

Near as I can tell, he rides boards and bikes and travels a lot... there might be some techy thing in there too.

Yes, I'm a Database technical geek specializing in Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server. I own my own consulting company and am a full partner in another that provides database services world-wide. All this to fund my carving, cycling (downhill, all mountain, road), long-boarding, soccer, ball hockey, RVing and photography obsessions.

The first couple years I went to the SES I stayed with Garrett in Frisco. Had some great conditions at the Basin this day. Happened to get a couple of great shots of Garrett on the steeps. The riders on the ridge top pic are: Bob Jenny, Norm Bemel, Ken Lao, Garrett Lisi, James ?.

These are from 2004. Enjoy - McDougall

post-9279-141842320088_thumb.jpg

post-9279-141842320091_thumb.jpg

post-9279-141842320094_thumb.jpg

West Wall it is. Its waiting for you Mario, I want to be there to watch. Back side Zuma bowl has some steep groomed faces that I think you will be interested in also. Break free of the LCI bonds and come to the dark side, well, at least the other side of Loveland Pass.

Think Snow!

West Wall it is. Its waiting for you Mario, I want to be there to watch. Back side Zuma bowl has some steep groomed faces that I think you will be interested in also. Break free of the LCI bonds and come to the dark side, well, at least the other side of Loveland Pass.

Think Snow!

Ask Ice about our day in zuma, how I was killin'it on Bear??? right up until I wasn't on the 86 and did a belly slide for a few hundred yards towards a pair of tele skiers watching us make fools of ourselves:D, fun stuff, I think you were supposed to join us that day. I will probably pick up a 4 pak for the freak show and join you a few times this season

mario

Man, I remember that run, too. Sick.

Maybe second year on plates, sitting at the top of the steepest run I had ever tried to carve on, with like 40 other carvers watching, and it was my turn, and go big or go home I guess! I made 5 very, very high speed carves, just barely holding on for dear life on those heelsides, got to the bottom with the biggest ****-eating grin of all time, and I was hooked. OK, I was already hooked, but I was hooked more.

Man, that was a great session overall, too, with the bomber factory tour (with the fainting) and the A Basin (with the high altitude fainting) and the shrimp and the carvy carving... etc., etc..