Note to New Members ×

With all the plate system coming out wi

pow4ever

What to do with existing plate system when the NG coming out?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with existing plate system when the NG coming out?

• Early adapter: Sell the old system before the value tank.
    • Keep the existing system and have no plan to pick up new plate system
    • Keep the existing system and plan to pick up new plate system
    • Too early to tell? Waiting for some feedback/demo before making decision.

Question for those who ride with plate system now.

VIST/Hangel/F2/Home made and etc.

I never ride with plate system. However I did pick up a board with VIST plate at end of season. Just me luck. As soon as I buy something it's outdated :)

My thought is to ride the vist system in the coming winter to see if I like it. Then based on other's review/demo and etc I might switch.

Thanks

--

David

At the start of last season many racers believed the VIST plate was already outdated and this belief was proven to be correct last February at the 2010 Olympics.

Last season's race results also indicate that you would be better off putting a floating plate on a Hangl suspension system than you would be from sticking with your VIST plate. However, at this point it makes more sense to sell your VIST plate and use one of the new plate systems.

The Apex plate has already proven itself to be very successful, so the real question is:

How do the other plates compare to the Apex plate?

Ideally, it would be great if an unbiased expert rider (someone with no connection to any equipment manufacturer/sales company) with a racing and technical/testing background were given the new plate systems (Apex, Bomber, Donek, and SGP) to test and review for this forum.

Otherwise, you can end up with reviews that were obtained in an uncontrolled/unscientific manner, or are from unqualified individuals who do not possess expert riding/racing skills and techniques, or who do not have correct technical and biomechanical knowledge of snowboarding.

Otherwise, you can end up with reviews that were obtained in an uncontrolled/unscientific manner, or are from unqualified individuals who do not possess expert riding/racing skills and techniques, or who do not have correct technical and biomechanical knowledge of snowboarding.

We don't need that here at BOL!

:eek:

Vist still works, maybe not as well as the full floating plate systems, but it does offer a single flex point and isolate the rider. Also, it should fit on all of your boards without much if any worry about insert location.

I say keep the Vist and get whichever new plate looks best to you. A quiver of boards may need a quiver of plates.

I really like the look of what Sean and Fin are both doing. For me, I'ts going to depend on price because I'm pretty much at the point where I need to replace all my carving gear with the exception of my boots.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...