Note to New Members ×

Shipping costs to the Australasia?

SunSurfer

I've got shipping to Australia down to $65. That's only $25 more than shipping to a destination in the US. I have a stack of demos and prototypes I'm selling..........

Sean, that is a hell of a lot less than a number of people have been able to find by any other means. Recent quotes to board members via UPS (192 Tanker in the For Sale section) have been of the order of US$250+ which makes the shipping costs prohibitive.

Is the $65 method of shipping only open to you as a manufacturer, or is it a method that the average board member could use?

SunSurfer

Sean, that is a hell of a lot less than a number of people have been able to find by any other means. Recent quotes to board members via UPS (192 Tanker in the For Sale section) have been of the order of US$250+ which makes the shipping costs prohibitive.

Is the $65 method of shipping only open to you as a manufacturer, or is it a method that the average board member could use?

SunSurfer

Rates do tend to vary from day to day, but we have consistently been able to ship via dhl for within $5 of that price. I have no idea what the average joe would pay. We have even been able to (at times) ship to japan for less than it costs to ship to a US destination. We do a fair bit of international shipments, so we have a fairly good relationship with our shippers. I'm also not in the habit of trying to profit from shipments like many companies (I don't think this happens in the alpine world), so I quote what it costs me to ship.

Sean, that's a great rate. Domestically we use UPS Ground but they're very expensive internationally. USPS is reasonable but packages to Australia are limited to 42" (60" to NZ). As a result we sell a lot of boots but not many skis or boards.

I just sold a pair of skis to an Australian buyer who arranged pickup on his own DHL account. I don't know what it cost him but he had them lightning fast.

I just put in an inquiry to DHL to see about getting attractive rates to the Southern Hemisphere.

• 4 months later...