Note to New Members ×

L.E.D. LCD TV's?

GeoffV

They are generally crisper and have higher contrast ratios than plasmas. I've got a Samsung LCD and I love it. I usually watch it in a dark-ish room and there is plenty of brightness.

I'm a computer geek and stare at screens all day so I went for LCD because they have better image quality than plasmas. The better the image quality, the less tired your eyes will be after watching it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using both samsung led lcd tv (series 9) and sony led lcd tv (xbr), both 46 inch.

Sony led seems a bit washed up whereas samsung seems to have better black.

They're both great but if I have to choose one I'd go for samsung ones, they're less expensive than sony tvs and have better black.

... then, you have plasma tvs which are almost half the price of led lcd tvs, and led lcd tvs are developing so fast that last year's technology seems almost obsolete! :angryfire

It depends, if you want absolute best go for led lcd but if you plan to change tv every 3 or 4 years then plasma tv is a good alternative to led lcd tvs.

Hope this helps :-)

Dark room = quality plasma

Bright room = LED-LCD

unless you're into overly bright screens or don't watch fast action sports, action movies loaded with special effect explosions and or live performances/concerts with tons of strobe :cool:

Dark room = quality plasma

Bright room = LED-LCD

unless you're into overly bright screens or don't watch fast action sports, action movies loaded with special effect explosions and or live performances/concerts with tons of strobe :cool:

+1

Plasma = natural colors

Plasma = faster refreshrates, so better suitable for watching sports, gaming

Plasma = deeper blacks

Here is a nice review site: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/

I am waiting the Panasonic V(T) series and Samsung plasma series to be reviewed.