Note to New Members ×

Resort Review

stewart Hodgins

My dad and I were thinking of going on a trip next winter to Vermont or New York State looking for some longer hills than our Ontario 700 ft vertical. We are looking for good wide carving hills that are alpine friendly. We are also looking not to break the bank so it needs to be a reasonable price. We are both intermediate riders. I have also wondered why there is not a resort review in bomber?

Stratton's one day ticket prices are $84, $82 and $72 for holiday, weekend and mid-week, respectively. It's a steal.

Not sure if that was sarcasm.. They're going to need somewhere to stay, too. Every time I've done Stratton, I've found a ski and stay package that came out to $100-$130 pp per night.. I'd say that's pretty good.

Snow is dead! rocks are sprouting.Not good for carving. Lift tickets were $60. Le massif has better conditions .Traffic very heavy.Gas $1.06 Just a strip of snow to access chair and gondola. North side better snow but very soft.:barf:Le massif has more snow.

You and your Dad should consider Sugarloaf. Okay, I know that northern Maine probably sounds like a crazy distance to go but it is actually about the same driving time as southern Vermont (9 hours from Toronto). The 'loaf is my all time favourite for carving terrain and there are affordable accommodations off the hill. The drive takes you through the Eastern Townships (where you could hit Orford, Sutton, Owl's Head, or even Jay Peak on the way there or back).

For bargain lift tickets and great terrain, I also liked Burke Mountain in northern Vermont (about 45 minutes south of the Quebec border and another possible on the route to Sugarloaf). Burke is small (two chairs, neither high speed, and a poma lift) but the hill has produced some of the best American ski racers.

E-mail if you want more info.

From my earlier reply i thought you were heading out next week.Still snow but???? Sutton never a bad place to go always lots of snow reminds me of Tremblant before intrawest.Friendly Vibe! Jay Peak also good.New hotel for next year might be able to book a deal early.Macaroni and cheese at Jay always the meal of choice!

Snow is dead! rocks are sprouting.Not good for carving. Lift tickets were $60. Le massif has better conditions .Traffic very heavy.Gas $1.06 Just a strip of snow to access chair and gondola. North side better snow but very soft.:barf:Le massif has more snow.

I was there over the Easter weekend. I think you should consider that most hils are already closed and Ste-Anne is planning to stay opened up to April 25th.

Yes Gas was $1,06 !

In winter time, Mont Ste-Anne north side + Gros Vallon, Crete, Beaupre on south side is ideal terrain for Carving :biggthump

Wasn't Expecting 80 degrees packed rain gear not swim wear! Some real nice runs you guys are lucky to carve here. Was detained by lifties because i was riding a plate on my board i guess they don't see many. Ski patrol checked it out and i was allowed to continue. Found it a bit of a challenge getting from La Nipivik back to north chair.La Crete was challenging with 186 board and slushy snow on south side. Return trip for sure! How does Le Massif compare to St Anne for carving ? We were in the stretch Maroon van parked by the rv's.