Note to New Members ×

Equipment guru info needed

carvingmontana

also, look at how angled the screw head is compared to the base of the binding... yikes!

attachment.php?attachmentid=22180&stc=1&d=1269901597

There was several riders rocking rat traps for years the riders that like them love them, you would even see a pair at WC events every now and then. For years there were a bunch of BC boys rocking them at the national level. for a decade plus. A very strong and well made binding that has proven its self to be a metal option in a race course.

I think its funny that again there are posters bad mouthing a product thay have not ridden or seen in person..... just hacking it based on pictures. I have seen many heavy weight riders do very well with these binders with out issue, they have more base flex then any other metal binding made currently.

Hasn't any one noticed the trend in making metal bindings usable, this was a usable metal binding 10 + years ago...

hi CARVINGMONTANA

sorry for the delayed response but have been busy lately. it looks like you have the 1998 model. hopefully the instruction manual will answer any further questions you may have. if not then post them on THIS thread and i’ll check it again in may when i have more time.

in you are in a hurry for more info, you may wish to contact CHRIS PRIOR for help as one of his cronies (DECLAN? or PADRAIG? or some other strange sounding IRISH name) was the head honcho at TRIDENT.)

ratcov.jpg

rat1.jpg

This is so cool. I never even heard of these and I thought I paid attention.

A friend of mine working/worked with BlueB in Cypress made a sweet plate binding. He rode the heck out of 'em. Several guys here did but he never made it to full production.

Cool to hear of a small company that made a good product that guys are still rocking years later.

:biggthump

A friend of mine working/worked with BlueB in Cypress made a sweet plate binding. He rode the heck out of 'em. Several guys here did but he never made it to full production. :biggthump

I've been begging Dave to bring the pair that he's got in Vancouver for a test ride, for close to 3 years now... Ah well...

Also, I've tried to convince him to come back to hard boots, but he's still resisting.

I've been begging Dave to bring the pair that he's got in Vancouver for a test ride, for close to 3 years now... Ah well...

Also, I've tried to convince him to come back to hard boots, but he's still resisting.

funny cuz he was a very confirmed hard boot rider when he was here. I guess he started riding soft to teach a bit more, but really strong on the plates.

Super smooth long carve. Tell him Jerry says hi, if he gets up for closing. :biggthump

[/end o thread jack]

These have been great bindings. Like many of you guys, I have several pairs, including Bomber, Catek, Emery, and even some old Burtons. And of those...these might be my fave. I love the fixed heel bale for ease of use, especially on uneven slope at the top of lifts. I also like the "softer" edges of the toe clip/bale, which are easier on cold hands on really cold (Montana) mornings. And not that I really care, but they look cool. Especially on a Tanker. Thanks to all who took the time to respond in this forum, and add their knowledge. It's really great to have access to so much information about alpine snowboarding when we all still live and ride in relative obscurity. Why the hell anybody rides soft boots and high backs remains one of the world's great mysteries to me!

• 1 year later...