Note to New Members ×

Metal board for a not-very-good rider?

zoltan

Zoltan, looks sweet! Will you share the model and specs or are you going to keep us guessing, like Michelle? :cool::eplus2:

Got out for a few runs this weekend on the metal Coiler Stubette that Bruce built for me with the following instructions: "I'm a beginner and totally suck - please make it easy!" He totally nailed it! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Coiler VSR 173 which Bruce made softer for my weight. What sold me was I emailed him and told him my weight and my (then) board, and then he told me the problems I was experiencing, and he nailed them exactly. I then told him how I ride, where I ride, and how I'd like a board to feel, and asked him to build me what he thought would be best; he's the expert after all, not me.

Let me add working with Bruce was a truly excellent experience. He returned all my emails, fully answered all my questions, and it's a gorgeous board.

However, if I finish my first run and feel no difference I'm going to punch myself in the head. Repeatedly.

Zoltan, looks sweet! Will you share the model and specs or are you going to keep us guessing, like Michelle? :cool::eplus2:

Got out for a few runs this weekend on the metal Coiler Stubette that Bruce built for me with the following instructions: "I'm a beginner and totally suck - please make it easy!" He totally nailed it! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

First of all, you DON'T suck! But I told Bruce the same instructions with a little "kinda like the one you made for Angie but longer" and he nailed it perfectly!

I'll give you the specs and such at the SES. I thought the pic was much better than stupid ol' specs!!

Today was my first day of the season, and my first ride of the board. Bottom line, I really like it and am very happy I bought it.

The first day I always start out with rubbish technique, and no board is going to help that, and I didn't really feel much difference. However, as I started putting things back together, the board started revealing more and more of it's capabilities. It stayed smooth the faster I went without the chatter and noise of my old board, and really let me focus on my technique instead of not crashing; I really liked that. It's also very obvious to me it's capable way beyond my meager abilities.

I'm not sorry I started with another board, but I'm very happy I'm on this board now.