Note to New Members ×

SnowPerformance Camp in May

Miltie

I am very interested.

Anyone know do they cater to beginnerish/intermediate carver?

or should I work on my own a bit more to be able to take full advetage of the camp?

It's just a major PITA to get to Mammoth from NY.

I checked kayak and the cheapest flight is around $350+ (round trip with crazy layover time).

According to the website Reno is the cloest airport. Anyone have input on the camp and what's the best way to get there is greatly apprecaited it.

Thanks

David

I am very interested.

or should I work on my own a bit more to be able to take full advetage of the camp?

It's just a major PITA to get to Mammoth from NY.

I checked kayak and the cheapest flight is around $350+ (round trip with crazy layover time).

According to the website Reno is the cloest airport. Anyone have input on the camp and what's the best way to get there is greatly apprecaited it.

Thanks

David

You can fly from LAX and SJC to MMH (Mammoth Yosemite Airport) on Horizon/Alaska Air. You may have to book that ticket separately from the JFK to LAX/SJC flight however. Reno is about a 2.5 hour drive, or there is actually a Horizon Air flight to MMH from there as well. The other option is to just fly into LAX and drive up. If traffic agrees, it is less than 5 hours, and that is the drive that most all of us from southern California do to get up there anyway.

I am very interested.

I attended this camp last year as a beginner/intermediate carver and it helped A LOT. Sean and Gavin are great teachers and Mike Jacoby made an appearance too. That guy RIPS! :eplus2:

Thank you all for the infomation!!!

I don't have any vaction days left... used them all up for snowboarding :)

Will have to use sick/personal days; so my schdule isn't as flexable as I would like.

Sounds like JFK -> LAX --> MMH is the most time effiecent way.

I can't believe there are no direct flight from NY to Reno...

Thinking about fly out Thursday after work (5/13)

and leave right after the camp 5/16 and ready to go to work by the time I landed.

lol; think i am too old to be doing this...

--

David

There are quite a few of us that drive back and forth to MM every weekend (I am one of them). Sometimes I leave on Thur nights after work and sometimes on Fridays after work, returning on Sundays mid day.

If you need a ride from LAX to Mammoth or from Mammoth airport into town you can post a note here and I also recommend Mammothmountain.com, go to forums at the top of the menu. On the MM forum there is a category for ride shares. You can post there as well. I pick up ride shares often and its a good group of people on that board. If you do decide to go to the camp drop me a line with your dates (arrival and departure) and times and I will try to help out.

As for lodging, the cheapest place in town for basic hotel is the Econolodge on main street.

The camp should be worth it. Generally speaking MM has some of the best spring riding around. They received over 400 inches of snow this year!

Snowperformance camps are great, regardless of your level. I've been to two and had a great time both times.

Just fly to LAX and drive up. Rent a car or do a rideshare.

I saw some really cheap deals on rooms at Mammoth Mountain Inn online recently. There should be tons of good deals in Mammy this time of year.

I'll be there the following weekend if anyone goes and wants to stick around.

• 2 weeks later...