Note to New Members ×

A Madd on Craigslist Toronto

skategoat

Thanks, I just cringed when I saw that. Not too mention I think he intended to write 1000.00 not 100??

It is evident many are just in too big a hurry these days. Proof-read?

I had to read it a couple of times to understand, but I'm sure he's talking about the famous Boston tune which costed him $100. He then says that the board costed him $900.

PTC tune out of Boston - which supposed to be the "be-all" in snowboard tuning and waxing - costed $100.00.

The online Webster's says:

3 past cost·ed : to estimate or set the cost of —often used with out .

which is not the meaning the CL poster intends (and since this verb is transitive, doesn't make sense or even parse with this meaning).

Some people have issues with regular and irregular verbs and try to put an "ed" after any verb to make it past tense. In this case cost is present tense and past tense. So I guess this makes it an irregular verb. So I guess that is an irregular intransitive verb? Can you diagram that sentence Teach? My Mom was an English teacher in the late 50's and early 60's, but back then they did not diagram sentences.

But after all this discussion, the board is still over priced!