Note to New Members ×

Any Malamute riders here

Bobby Buggs

Jack how will I ever get an answer with it in this area:o Seriously

There's a civil war goin' on right now between the hardboot carvers and the softboot carvers. One of those brother against brother senerios. The hardboot carvers feel like the softboot carvers are infringin' on their rights to segregation and that we are invading and imposing on their way of life, so like the south they are risin' up to take on the opposition. What they forget is the Revolutionary war we fought against the British (ski resorts and quite frankly skiers in general). As a member of the front lines in that war I recall the brutality we endured in the parking lots, from the lifts, and in the lift lines. War is an ugly thing but some believe it is a necessary evil. Neither side will win:(.

Jack how will I ever get an answer with it in this area:o Seriously

Don't worry Bob, plenty of people read this forum too, you should check it out every now and then. But your post is a perfect example of why I think we need a softboot forum.

I ride Malamutes, but did not heat mold them. Disclaimer: they are probably 3-4 seasons old or older, so the liner tech may have changed, but unlike the thermoflex in my hardboots, the Malamute liner seemed to be that kind of cheesy "heat-moldable" where after several days of heating them with your body heat they kind-of sort-of mold themselves to your feet.

Not Malamutes, but Synapses. I ran them in my clothes dryer 'till they were good and warm, then put the boots on with medium lace pressure, then straped in to my bindings on the board and let them cool. Worked realy well, but the guy above is right. They will mold on their own from your body heat after a few days of riding.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wear them! they mold to you via body heat by the half day mark. ITs not the same stuff as an intuition etc. not worth the trouble to try and bake them. They work just fine on the wear and ride program.

Dave you are frickin nuckinfutz hilarious bro:lol:

I just bought NOS 08 "32" (the stiff ones) and they says thay are molable but do not bake them. they say take them to a ski shop where they will use (basicly a big hair dryer) to "heat mold them" so nothing says you cant use the dryer or hari dryer method at home to get a better fit earlier.

I still need to do mine as the toes are too tight but have not been used yet.