Note to New Members ×

Question to All Blax Binding Owners: Toe Block Adjustment Issue

anke

Hi,

Got a pair of new UPZ RC-10, and they are so much shorter then my previous boots!

I got the setup of my TD2 step-ins, I unfortunately had to cover some screws in the middle disk (forgive me, but describing all those objects and screws with the correct technical term is giving me difficulties...)

Now my other board has Blax step-in's on them. I moved the heel block as far forward as possible, but it's still to big.

Now the problem: How do I move the toe block? I/we tried (my strong male roommates :p) to loosen the screws, but they are sooo tight and we are not even sure which of the screws to unscrew in order to move that thing.

Here's a pic of someone else's bindings, but they have the exact same construction. Take a close look at the toe block and the two screws. One on the top vertically going down towards the looong horizontal screw.

attachmente.gif

I really need help urgently as I am going on the mountain Sunday.

But maybe there is a Blax owner who can exactly describe how the toe block is being moved, and which of the screws needs to be loosened, maybe we just all don't know what we were doing.

HELP :confused:

Thank you guys!

Anke,

The screw that's on top of the toe/heel blocks doesn't turn.

The long horizontal screw should be turned to move the toe/heel block back and forth.

To completelly remove the block and reposition it to a new set of holes in the base, keep turning the horizontal screw and moving the block towards the centre of the binding until the 2 mounting screws are revealed. Undo those to reposition the blocks onto the other set of holes.

Thanks BlueB, I thought maybe I need to loosen the top screw so the bottom screw can be turned at all.

I guess we just need the right tools: Problem, the front screw needs a philips, and the metal seems to be so soft, we might have messed the screw up a bit, not having a big enough phillips to loosen it didn't help either.

What do I do in case the screw is just a ****ty screw, the cross is all messed up and the philips just turns around without turning the screw?

To which shop could I bring it for somebody to cut it off or fix it whatever it takes?

Hardware store?

Home Depot kind of store?

REI?

You are using a Phillips head screwdriver when you should be using a posi-drive #2 bit for the adjustments. You can find posi-drive bits at the local hardware store or at your big box retailers like Home Depot or Lowes.

If you buy one of those snowboard multi tools there is a posi-drive bit included with it

The posi-drive bit does resemble a phillips with the cross pattern but it is much wider than a phillips head. In the ski and snowboard industry everything is done with the posi-drive head, never a phillips head.

Hope this helps.

You are using a Phillips head screwdriver when you should be using a posi-drive #2 bit for the adjustments. You can find posi-drive bits at the local hardware store or at your big box retailers like Home Depot or Lowes.

If you buy one of those snowboard multi tools there is a posi-drive bit included with it

The posi-drive bit does resemble a Phillips with the cross pattern but it is much wider than a Phillips head. In the ski and snowboard industry everything is done with the posi-drive head, never a Phillips head.

Just starting to step onto F2 bindings, they look similar to the bindings pictured here, the F2 bindings require a #3 Phillips head for installation and adjustment.

Just looked on mine (they are identical to the ones in the pic) - the length adjustment screw is PHILLIPS, not the Pozidrive.

Try spraying generous amount of WD40 on that top screw. Hopefully it would leak down into the treads holding the length screw. Wait for a minute, or few, then try adjusting the length again.

Thank you guys, I'll try my best later on, but am a bit doubtful I can make it work (because of the slightly messed up screw, not having the right tools AND experience).

So again, what kind of store could take it to where somebody can help me fix this?

A gym with bodybuilders maybe?? ;-)

To adjust the bindings, BlueB explained what I have to do.

I assumed I need to unscrew everything, and while I tried to loosen the long screw, the nut on the other end turned too. So I tried to hold the nut in place so it doesn't turn, and that's when the trouble started.

Apparently the way to do it is EASY!!

The nut is SUPPOSED to turn! Only thing necessary is to turn the screw with a Philips and the block will automatically move, millimeter by millimeter.

If I would have known earlier :freak3: