Note to New Members ×

Softbooter here looking to get into pgsl

ride247

Well i have been racing a little this year in soft boots and i want to be more competitive next year. First my stats, i am 6'2" 185 lbs and i have been riding for 8 years. So i have been looking at a coiler PRGS, with Track 700T boots. What kind of bindings do you all recommend. And what are race plates? Are they needed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well i have been racing a little this year in soft boots and i want to be more competitive next year. First my stats, i am 6'2" 185 lbs and i have been riding for 8 years. So i have been looking at a coiler PRGS, with Track 700T boots. What kind of bindings do you all recommend. And what are race plates? Are they needed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

if you want to jump in do it on a modern board, like a coiler NSR or if you can afford it a kessler or SG from the last couple years OR if you are a high roller go ahead and buy a SG or kessler new. these are the boards people have on the world cup.

yeah, hangl and VIST plates sure do help when you hit ruts.

for bindings most are using f2 most racers seem to like f2.

there's some kessler and SG boards in the classifieds, worth looking at those.

What do you mean by a modern snowboard? Is the coiler prgs not modern? I wasn't able to find the coiler NSR on the website. What is SG?

Visiting Coiler's website will NOT give you an insight into the current Colier lineup. The Bomber online search function will illuminate the many different forms of Coiler that are out there.

Good luck.

What do you mean by a modern snowboard? Is the coiler prgs not modern? I wasn't able to find the coiler NSR on the website. What is SG?

Search the member "Bordy" and read through his posts. It'll burn up a lot of time, but he knows his stuff better than anyone else. He presents a lot of distinctions between old and new.

Have fun!

Also- I assume you're referring to a model of Burton binding called a Raceplate. It's just another model of binding, nothing special.

Thanks for that link, so i am now looking at a "SG Full Race T" I havent been able to find any reviews on it yet.

the reviews are world cup podiums!

there's SG in the classifieds here, if you're serious go snap it up. also some kesslers can't really go wrong with either types.