Note to New Members ×

Curse is dead

Gecko

most interesting thing was that no one in the bar even seemed happy until the game ended....it seemed more like we were all waiting for them to blow it once again...

the a collective sigh of relief, some champagne (courtesy of the bar) and the required Yankees Suck! Chant

Guest Marilyn Cambers

Congratulations to all yus Basten Fans .... they played a spectacular series ... I even stayed up last night to watch the end! :o

Since you finally got your win, can you cheer on the Indians for the pennant race next year ... hee hee ... chuckle chuckle phfffffffffffff ... ya right! :D

Marilyn ;)

"It almost seemed too easy and we New Englanders like a good fight. We like to win from behind or have it be a super close call. A win is much more appreciated that way".

Yeah, being down 3 games to none with a few outs left and losing in game 4 with one of the best closers in the game in the Yankee yard, THAT was come from behind.

I spent the last two nights parked in front of a TV with a couple of Boston transplants. Talk about scared. No talk about the curse, no talking about actually winning, just hoping and praying that the bottom won't drop out...like it usually does. When it was all over, my budding just sat there in shock with tears wetting his freakin' face and neck. He and his family fly back to Boston today for the celebration and his brother's wedding on Saturday.

The Sox were unbelievable! Complete domination (Marilyn Cambers could even appreciate that). The series was what they can an Annihilation, where the winning team sweeps the series in 4 games and the losing team NEVER holds the lead in any game. The last time that occurred was in 1989, when the A's took out the Giants (ouch).

Great series Boston, it gotta feel great.

Hugh

Bob-

Clearly you have fallen victim to american view of sports that rewads Offense over defense. What a great defensive battle. a pitchers duel. It was similar to a 1-0 soccer game. viewed by the US as not enough action (hell in college, they experimented with wider goals to increase scoring), and in eurpe, a clssic game...

-Noah

I'm still in la-la land over this....

someone at work said 'well sheesh, it seemed too easy... i wish the cardinals won a game or something.'

i told that person...

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!

obviously you are not a red sox fan! because if you were, you'd realize if the cardinals won a game we'd all have boiling ulcers for fear we'd go down in a heap like the Bankees.

How Sweep it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love NESN!!!

Starting yesterday, they've been rewinding the Sox season with all the big highlights. It felt strange last night without a game, so last night I watched the Sox/Yanks series from Sept.....unfortunately I passed out at 9:00pm from lack of sleep.

I never get bored seeing the Sox spank the Yanks. I could watch this stuff over and over and over again. In Dan Shaughnessy's article yesterday, he mentioned that the "Yankees Suck" chant started exactly 6 minutes after the Sox whipped the Cards. Funny stuff.

Also, at the same time NECN had a panel of Boston sports gurus taking calls and discussing the Sox. "Angry Bill" from the Reverse the Curse documentary was a panelist and he mentioned that a part of him died two nights ago when the Sox won. He was funny but seemed somewhat flustered. He's temporarily lost his identity. As Bill Simmons says, the Sox have a special 10-year grace period afer winning the WS. In 2014 Angry Bill can resume his complaining.

This whole World Series thing still hasn't sunk in....it's so surreal!!