Note to New Members ×

Old and new together

nekdut

Loc, although Will Garrow did make me want these even more than I did already, I didn't buy the Sidewinders myself. My fiancee has seen me drool over these for some time and got them for me for my birthday today. I think she's a keeper :1luvu: .

The 180 on the other hand has taken a long time to acquire, but I finally have it too. :)

Jack, you've probably seen a classic Madd up close before right? The carbon sheet is significantly thicker than on the reissues, probably at least 3mm, and appears to be attached to the board in a very sturdy fashion. While it does look pretty nicked up, I am pretty sure it is quite functional as is.

As far as finding this, I just asked around as much as I could over the years, and finally found a former racer who had this in storage. It does feel a bit soft, but like you said, its rare enough as is, and I am happy to have found it.

Tom, are you back in the states at all other than the March trip you mentioned?

Jack, you've probably seen a classic Madd up close before right? The carbon sheet is significantly thicker than on the reissues, probably at least 3mm, and appears to be attached to the board in a very sturdy fashion. While it does look pretty nicked up, I am pretty sure it is quite functional as is.

As far as finding this, I just asked around as much as I could over the years, and finally found a former racer who had this in storage. It does feel a bit soft, but like you said, its rare enough as is, and I am happy to have found it.

Nice find. Yeah, I'll never understand why they couldn't have reproduced those originals. I mean they're so obviously different to the naked eye.

The whole classic family finally together:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/328/classicmaddfamily.jpg

You can clearly see some shape differences in this shot of the full Madd quiver:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6215/fullmaddfamily.jpg

The differences between the 180s are huge. The new 180 is nearly 182 and the old is probably 178 or 179. The shape and geometry are totally different too with the original at a very narrow 17.7cm with a mega variable elliptical 18m sidecut. The 170s seem fairly close, with the new metal 170 being slightly longer and with ridiculous camber.