Note to New Members ×

Free day pass at Mt Peter...

Erik J

...if you have a season pass to any other mountain in NY state. Offer is good until 2/11.

Yes, it's a very small mountain. BUT, the grooming is absolutely top notch. Kevin used to groom at Stratton. I was there yesterday morning and holy sh!t was the snow good. Firm but deep - dig as hard as you want. There is one trail with a really nice pitch to it that is very wide. Natural features are left in but groomed over so there were little rollers to the side of the trail to play on.

It's free, give it a try if you are in the area.

Hey Erik J,

I went down there week ago, yes very little place but so close to NYC.

And have to say - cool place.

I got there thanks to Jj AKA William Blake who told me about that place. Had fun and hoping to get there on Friday 12th of Feb.. Any chance you riding Fridays or some other weekends?

Cheers

AMK

If all goes well, I'll be there Friday morning, but only for 2 hours or so. I know a place to eat at right down the street, too. :)

Tell Jj I said hi. Hope to see you there.

would be cool. It's my first season in HB so still newbie.

If I see Jj I will say hi. What time you are planing on heading the Mt.P?

That is small place so I'm sure would be hard to missed other HB :)

Hope to see you there. Hope I will make it ( well, I'm planing on coming).

Cheers

Hey,

carvingbassist and Eric J lets have some Mt. Peter meet up.

I'm still trying to get my friend to drive on Friday, I'm not driving so if not I got only train left. Anyway if not this Friday how about next one as well?

What do you think?

AMK

im not sure where your coming from but there is a bus that goes into warwick from the city. just go to port authority. i can meet you in town and pick up if you like.

taking you up on it. thanks :) nice of you. Going to check bus schedule.

I will email you if coming, but next week on 99%

my # 646 256 3663

wonna come, tying just plane some extra time on board. All weekends in VT.

Can you do Friday?

Mike are you planing on coming to ECES? That will be fun. I'm still not sure where I'm riding this weekend but looks like local, I see u at Beall, I might be there till to Sunday noon,might.

Cheers

I am at CUNY through March. Mt. Peter appears to be very close to NY.

Are there any other carvers there?

There are a few of us at Mtn Creek also. Mt Peter is about 20 min. away from Mtn Creek.

I have a season pass to Mtn Creek but I keep finding myself at Mt Peter - the snow seems to be consistently better at Peter.

Post up when you are riding - someone may be out. There's a couple of us around here. Jt salmon is great to ride with. He takes the afternoon & evening shift, I take the morning shift. We have it all worked out so that there's always a carver in the area on the mountain. :) No not really.

I'm thinking about hitting Peter today. Prolly be there about noon....will anyone be around?

what happened?

I was there from 9-2 and was the sole hardbooter as far as I could tell.

I had the entire black diamond to myself all day....with a couple skiers.

I may ride there all weekend.

I rode at Mt. Peter today and there were several hardbooters there.

Two were hitting gates all day, I am guessing that was carvingbassist and erikj.

Nice turns guys! I was the guy on the SG in the brown parka.

Not me, I usually only ride weekdays due to my work schedule. Very cool though that hardbooters were running gates. I don't know who they might be.

And that black diamond that you had to yourself...it's like that on weekdays with even less people. I could do laps on that all day long. Glad to hear you made it up - wish I coulda joined ya. Any chance of you getting up to ECES?

I should have gone to "Mount Petit" instead of Mountain Creek yesterday.

It was like "Jersey Shore" with snow and I felt out of place without Ed Hardy gear and hair gel.

Ericj the hardbooters at Mount Petit both appeared to be 35-45 with sloppy blond hair. They were both hiking the little slalom course so I did not get to talk with them. Let me know when you will be there. I may be interested in going to eces and have plenty of room in my cross country.

I should have gone to "Mount Petit" instead of Mountain Creek yesterday.

It was like "Jersey Shore" with snow and I felt out of place without Ed Hardy gear and hair gel.

Ericj the hardbooters at Mount Petit both appeared to be 35-45 with sloppy blond hair. They were both hiking the little slalom course so I did not get to talk with them. Let me know when you will be there. I may be interested in going to eces and have plenty of room in my cross country.

youp, that would be Mt. Creek.

I see you are all around NY area, I be at ECES but was thinking about MT. Peter after ECES - 03.12/13/14.