Note to New Members ×

Palmer Riser install advice

Flyin Hawaiian

I've used Palmer Risers for a long time and I always set mine up like your first picture. But I also have been using Clicker bindings for just as long and they don't have a very large footprint. A binding with a larger base would require mounting them like the second picture.

Notice also that you can extend the blue wings out from the silver disc to create a larger area for your binding if needed.

It's the Burtons that extend. Palmers do not. The little damping pads would end up cut by the lip of the centreplate...

The center plate rides on the damping pads. That's exactly the point. They don't get cut up. The wings are meant to extend to support the base of the binding if needed.

Hi BlueB!

Very interesting!

How long do you us this set up?

Could you please explain what you put between the Elevator and the snowboard ? Is it homemade plastic dampening plate? I guess one ca use the Elevator without these plastic plates?

Do you also confirm that the Elevator are strong enough to resist to hardboot and alpine binding pressure?

Thank you

Silver

Thin Ikea cutting board. It adds a bit of damping and prevents the rubbing of the top sheet. Go for the trimmed version (red). When left long (grey) it collects snow under.

I had 2 days riding like that on Kessler 185, 1 day on Kesller BX 168, 1 day on F2 ElDiablo 165. So far, holding fine. It survived one really bad landing with big Kessler... No guarantees, though.

• 9 months later...

Snowboarding is an inherently dangerous and risky sport. Anything you do is at your own risk. I broke few bindings in the past, big metal board yesterday, dealmed some skis way back and pulled the bindings right out of some other skis... I'm not pissed off about it, at all.

I'm interested in a pair of the Palmer flex risers for my teaching (soft boot) board, but was unable to find them in stock anywhere in North America. Has anyone seen these in stock somewhere?

Ideally though, I'd like some of the Bomber SBS's with 1.5 degree cant disks. I wonder how long until Fin has time to create those.... *hint hint*

Cheers,

Ian M

Do you mean thickness of the Ikea pad? About 2mm... I don't quite remember what I did, but I think that I just used the Burton screws supplied with the riser. If the top sheet of your board is quite thick, you might want to use slightly longer screws. It should be pretty easy to judge for yourself...

I'm interested in a pair of the Palmer flex risers for my teaching (soft boot) board, but was unable to find them in stock anywhere in North America. Has anyone seen these in stock somewhere?

Ideally though, I'd like some of the Bomber SBS's with 1.5 degree cant disks. I wonder how long until Fin has time to create those.... *hint hint*

Cheers,

Ian M

I just bought a pair of these last night to try on my wifes board, if she does not like them I could sell them to you for what I paid plus shipping.

I paid $4.99 for each side. They do also have the clear hard plastic ones if you are interested.

Jason

I just bought a pair of these last night to try on my wifes board, if she does not like them I could sell them to you for what I paid plus shipping.

I paid $4.99 for each side. They do also have the clear hard plastic ones if you are interested.

Thank you Jason, that's very generous. Where did you buy them from at such a great price?