Note to New Members ×

Anybody ever ride a Winterstick Tom Burt?

Guest thomas_m

He's the one that invented the compressed air Snowboard press...before him we were leasing time on hydralic Ski presses...well except Burton, Jake had his presses bought for him.

I met Tom once in passing in the back country around Tahoe years ago...I had no idea who he was just a guy to talk to while I hiked for an hour or so then we went different ways. Later I put a name to "Tom" Anything he designs for the back country would be a good board for a big mountain place like JH

Guest thomas_m
Originally posted by www.oldsnowboards.com

Hey, Tom. Sounds like you might be a canidate for a Rad-Air Tanker. The 200cm is ideal for the northwest conditions we all know and love!!.

Bryan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7109172476

Yeah, I saw your board and wanted it but someone bought it before I could get spousal approval. I actually didn't go surfing yesterday and stayed home to cover all the honey-do's to butter her up. By the time I was finished, someone else had snapped it up! LOL

T.

Hi Jim. Can't say for certain yet.

I know that the first year for the 200cm was 2000 I believe.

They coined it the "Millienium" 2000.

The next year I believe it was a solid or opague top sheet.

Then last year I believe it was the "Crown" black model that

no one seems to have seen in the USA.

The year before was the newest one I have seen in the US.

The "3D" topsheet. Embossed with clear laquer over pearl white.

You can see the sub structure.

This , I believe is the year before it, Same appearance without the embossing. Feels the same, it does not have the flame /die cut base either. I am guessing it will ride very similar to the one we all have at MHM. Most have already been distributed to the "Fine Line Club"

Email me for more details , pictures , etc.

Sorry the photos on Ebay don't do it justice.

Went to low of resilution and too big.

I aim to put up a gallery of Tankers photos when I can get a

better line up. Hint ,

Thanks again. Bryan

Tom, I have emailed you.

Hi Dave, the two on the far left are the 182 and 187 "Heli-Cat" . I had not seen this wider version. Deep sidecut, looks really sweet. Perhaps a good variation for the dense trees of "Outback" and "Northwest Experience" at Bachelor. Sorry. All the boards were basically pre-sold to the local bros. I would have posted them for BOL if they were available. I really only had the one 200cm that was up for grabs. It went to a guy that definitely understands the need for displacement and was jazzed to get it. Thanks for the interest. If you make it up to Bachelor this season. You will see some of these boards on the hill.

Thanks, Bryan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7109077551

Side Note. I do have the Nitro 178cm Swallowtail "Powder" still up for sale . As always I am offering a 5% discount on any item sold via Ebay to an already registered Bomber Member. (auction price discount , not on shipping etc)

Or in this particular auction , take 10$ off the "Buy Now" with free shipping. Total of 270$ shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Beautifully done board. Ideal for the lighter rider who understands or wants to understand what a swallowtail feels like to ride in the deep.

Glissade is super well made. Getting somewhat obscure.

You will have to try one of the Rad Airs some time (if you haven't already) . They are surprisingly nibble and snappy. Not to mention they flow the freshies like a dream. The nose radius is ideal. Thanks, Bryan

I was curious because I have never seen those graphics before. I have the same ones as in this post's pic. 2002 3-d model in a 2k and 192 length. I also have a 192 with the green topsheet and hibicus flowers but pulled the front inserts out .

Does anyone know where to get a bag that fits a 2k? I took mine to canada last year and it got some base damage on the snowmobile ride to the snowcat lodge .

Jim

Couple general observations on Tankers. Yes, killer longboards. Kinda skinny at the waist, which gives the board a tendency to feel tippy side to side... very different ride. The combo of skinny waist and longboard with nice nose shape makes the boards ride different than anything I've tried. Very solid build. I own a 181 and it's an amazing ride but requires a totally different technique in deep snow. It wants to drop you on your toe or heel side turns unless you change your turns to compensate. Really different and really sick sick ride. Highly recommend. All this said, it is amazing at high speeds and you can rail turns like you wouldn't believe.

Cheers

The graphics oldsnowboard.com has listed are for 2001-02 and 02-03 models (the three in the middle are the 01-02 model and have a blue base). The oversize version of the 01-02 model had a red s-turn and a black base. The 02-03 models had the white 3-d topsheet with silver accents and orange and red flames (the oversize had blue accents with blue flames on the base). 02-03 was also the first year of the Tanker Crown LTD (only available in 200cm and 172cm). Only 33 of each size were sold globally. It had a the same 3-d topsheet but in black and the base had grey flames with an orange crown in the same pattern as the regular model. The 03-04 Tanker Crowns (all models for this year were crowns and the only difference in graphics for the oversize is a red crown vice and orange one on the base). Black topsheet with white sidewalls and a grey fireball and orange crown on base. The 04-05 Tankers have a black topsheet with red sidewalls and red wings on the base (white wings for the tanker oversize). I have attached a collage of pics with most of the models on it and a seperate pic of the base of the 04-05. These boards rock and I ride the 200cm board exclussively for everything and highly recommend them to anyone.

Neil, yours is the 00-01 tanker...the 99-00 is the first 200cm Tanker year and it had a metallic silver topsheet with two surfboard style pin stripes running from tip to tail and a hibiscus on the base. I have owned and ridden every years version of the 200cm boards and will never ride a smaller board again as long as Harry and the crew at Rad-Air make these things. Also, I have attached the topsheet photo of my 04-05 model with Catek freerides. Hope you all get one

post-420-141842198635_thumb.jpg

Rad-Air used to make a board condom for the 2m boards, but now the board condoms only come in 172 and 192...but the board cases are designed just for the 200 cm board. I am not sure who is carrying them in the states, but you can try to get in touch with Roces USA as they are the distributor. I use a 6'6 knit surfboard sock for my boards even when I put them in the board case and have had no problems with that. Hope that helps.

cheers,

sandy

speed is your friend...

D-Sub, They are really a very friendly longboard. Turn quick (width related/ side-cut) and carve well. NOT TO MENTION FLOW THE POW BIG TIME!!

Several of my Bros have been reluctant to step up to the 200cm initially. It only takes a couple runs (or turns) and they are smiling ear to ear. Another happy Rad-Air Customer!!

"Slopetool" Ed basically rides his as his everyday board, when he isn't on a race/ carving board. Too much fun when we all get to the lift line. The look on their faces is TOO FUNNY (that is the guys/gals on the 150ish boards standing next to us) They look down, then look up at you with mouth open, eyes glassed over. "Dude, is that like a 180cm?" Precious!!

There is a good question ?? What is your favorite reply 200cm owners??

Question: "Dude , is that like a 180cm"??

Reply: