Note to New Members ×

Favorite Boots?

MaineBomber

My first post to Bomber.

Hello My name is James and I am a hardbooter. I have been riding 20+years, 15 or so on hardboots. I have only used my Raichle SB's. I have loved them to death but now the liners are worn out and my heels are starting to get blisters. What now, everyone rides softies. I have never riden a modern soft boot, can't imagine they give the support, or control of a hardboot. Anyway any sugestions comments advice etc.

I am NOT a carver, I ride a Arbor 167 roundhouse, I like the steeps, some bumps, quick turns, when God and my wife allow POWDER. I hate the parks, ride mostly Maine ice.

What is you favorite boot?

Thanks

If your shell is still in good shape and you love the boot, why not just retrofit with one of the modern heat-mouldable liners like the Intuition or Deeluxe Red? I put a pair of Reds into my trusty old 224s and they work very well.

The other alternative is to just get a new pair of Deeluxe Track 225 or Track 325, it's pretty much the SB shell.

I ride Scarpa's, model called magic and I swear these are the best and most comfortable boots I have ever rode in. I can ride all day long with ZERO foot pain! This is the women's model. They make a mens model, but I am not sure what its called.

An all new shell in the superior Magic boot by Scarpa that was manufactured specifically for women's feet. It's a classic blend of lightweight and downhill performance for alpine touring boots. Versatile enough that you'll still rip. There's no problem with temperature change as the PeBax shell, cuff and tongue won't change shape or malleability when it gets really cold or the sun heats things up. Compatible with all alpine touring bindings, including Dynafit.

• Moldable liner that is perfect for all foot types. The custom fit maximized edge control and performance. Overlap closure accommodates all calf sizes. Warmer and lighter than standard liners and dry quickly. <o:p></o:p>
  • Ski/Walk mechanism is easy to engage and provides maximum touring flex<o:p></o:p>
  • Two forward lean settings available-17 and 21 degrees<o:p></o:p>
  • Sole: Touring Scarpa/Vibram

Brooke, is this the boot you are talking about?

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/SCR0055/Scarpa-Magic-Alpine-Touring-Boot.html

And this might be the men's version?

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/SCR0054/Scarpa-Matrix-Alpine-Touring-Boot.html

I want to pick up splitboarding this year and want to go the AT boot route rather than try to use my hardboots so I can save some weight.

• 4 months later...
My first post to Bomber.

Hello My name is James and I am a hardbooter. I have been riding 20+years, 15 or so on hardboots. I have only used my Raichle SB's. I have loved them to death but now the liners are worn out and my heels are starting to get blisters. What now, everyone rides softies. I have never riden a modern soft boot, can't imagine they give the support, or control of a hardboot. Anyway any sugestions comments advice etc.

I am NOT a carver, I ride a Arbor 167 roundhouse, I like the steeps, some bumps, quick turns, when God and my wife allow POWDER. I hate the parks, ride mostly Maine ice.

What is you favorite boot?

Thanks

Maine ice (New England hard packed) for the win!! And riding at sugarloaf you should love it! And the wind too! I am just joking I ride at Sunday River there is sort of a rivalry there! hahaha