Note to New Members ×

My softboot carves.

rpmk104

If I am reading the article correctly. That would be cross over.

How long you been boarding? If you like carving hardboot is the way to go.

It took about 1.5 seasons for me to make the transition. I still take the softboots out in the tree/bump. Most of the time I prefer the hardboot as it's more comfortable now that I finally broke them in.

--

David

If you like carving hardboot is the way to go.

It is a fun way to go, but not necessarily the way to go. Softy carving is a different experience, quite technical and rewarding. I like both very much.

Your carves are looking really smooth. I cannot believe the chaos you are having to carve through. Good to be able to turn pretty tight. It is really good to work on technique on mellow runs.

that Pokkis recently posted (you have probably seen it). Shows some really fun softy carving. We have watched it a number of times. It really demonstrates how much freedom you have in your lower body when riding on softies.

Buell

...as Jibber does.

Better than your average lunch tray but that's it.

"IMHO 3 straps on a Supermodel in Colorado, might actually equal HB's and Alpine Board on Hard Snow east coast ? "

Sorry, but this is the lamest thing I've ever read here.

It is a fun way to go, but not necessarily the way to go. Softy carving is a different experience, quite technical and rewarding. I like both very much.

Your carves are looking really smooth. I cannot believe the chaos you are having to carve through. Good to be able to turn pretty tight. It is really good to work on technique on mellow runs.

that Pokkis recently posted (you have probably seen it). Shows some really fun softy carving. We have watched it a number of times. It really demonstrates how much freedom you have in your lower body when riding on softies.

Buell

I stand corrected :) I def agree with the way you put it.

For me:

Everytime I switch from HB to SB. I can push the SB stuff so much more.

In that sense I would recommend to give HB a try.

--

David

I stand corrected :) I def agree with the way you put it.

For me:

Everytime I switch from HB to SB. I can push the SB stuff so much more.

In that sense I would recommend to give HB a try.

--

David

Yes, and I would definitely suggest trying hardbooting if you love to carve, but it is not necessary.

I am the same way. I got hardboots at the end of my first season and that really helped my softy carving. rpmk104 is way ahead of my softy carving from back then though.

I actually got some HB gear at the end of the last season. Got some Dynafit AT boots and an old burton alp 164cm (from 1999 i think). I've only been out on my HB for a few days but I am already hooked!

Still need to get use to the HB gear and have to learn to trust the alpine board. I find myself holding back when I get too fast or am carving at high speeds with the alpine board. I am also afraid of getting nailed or nailing someone in the middle of my carve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

rpmk104,

Carving can be done on ANY equipment in just about ANY conditions. Your soft carving looks good. If you are willing to make a ride up to Vernon NJ to ride at Mountain Creek, I'll carve soft boots with you. Just take note of the local ny/pa/nj board and look at the Mountain Creek thread. There are quite a few soft boot carvers who can really drive good turns there. There are also some excellent hard booters too. All of which would be glad to ride with you.