Note to New Members ×

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night

photodad2001

Just wanted to wish everyone a very merry Christmas. Fin, I wish to you and your family the best Christmas and the best new year. Softbootsailor, enjoy the warmth of the season. Tex, Bobdea, Bordy, merry Christmas, and to Bordy, enjoy your first Christmas with your new little one. I hope Santa fills all your stockings and brings you your Christmas wishes.:1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

Went 'o'er the river and through the woods' two weeks ago, back to the remnants of an ancestral farm. There, in a decades-old family ritual, we topped out a nice red cedar that had volunteered - along with hundreds of others - in a onetime tobacco field.

This Christmas noon, our son sits near the lighted tree, reading from a Teen's Almanac. A few feet away is a Rock-Shocked Novarra Metro, the Xmas two wheeler my wife never got to use because of a nasty hip break at Jay. (My REI buds tricked it out to become our boy's first 26" mountain bike.)

As per usual in this too-east Canton of Greater Possum's Pouch, the "snow" that falls outside liquefied several thousand feet ago. But soon we'll head west and north to Right Coast snow country for the first turns of a new year.

To the many "desperadoes" we hope to ride with someday - Doc and Tex and Utah Carver, and BobDea, and Big Mario, and BlueB, and WaveChaser, and Two Ravens, and SoftBoot and the young lads of the SoCal carve posse, etc., etc. - we wish one and all a happy, powder-filled season.

Peace

Went 'o'er the river and through the woods' two weeks ago, back to the remnants of an ancestral farm. There, in a decades-old family ritual, we topped out a nice red cedar that had volunteered - along with hundreds of others - in a onetime tobacco field.

This Christmas noon, our son sits near the lighted tree, reading from a Teen's Almanac. A few feet away is a Rock-Shocked Novarra Metro, the Xmas two wheeler my wife never got to use because of a nasty hip break at Jay. (My REI buds tricked it out to become our boy's first 26" mountain bike.)

As per usual in this too-east Canton of Greater Possum's Pouch, the "snow" that falls outside liquefied several thousand feet ago. But soon we'll head west and north to Right Coast snow country for the first turns of a new year.

To the many "desperadoes" we hope to ride with someday - Doc and Tex and Utah Carver, and BobDea, and Big Mario, and BlueB, and WaveChaser, and Two Ravens, and SoftBoot and the young lads of the SoCal carve posse, etc., etc. - we wish one and all a happy, powder-filled season.

Peace

To bb in PP: thanks for the great wishes and prayers and....I hope to be on snow soon enough. Pray for low pressure systems to come into the intermountain west soon. It seems that what the economy hasn't done to me this year, the natural weather pattern is finishing the job of adding to my lack of sliding time and time away from the din of making money and trying to make everything work in concert.

Best to you and yours and all of the CC here,

Mark

Hope to ride with you in future times.