Note to New Members ×

Surf Style carving

gus

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahne is the answer we were looking for, BB. Bill and Bob Bahne produced numerous fibreglass (flexible) skateboards in the late 1970's. I believe (Mike) Doyle is responsible for several inventions over the years including the monoski and some inventions involving Tom Morey.

Mark

http://www.surfresearch.com.au/agf.html (See fin box under "F" at this interesting link.)

Huge amount of experimentation back then - hollow glass/foam boards, the first "foamie" popouts, which have undergone a higher performance resurgence recently, etc.

You could buy Tom Morey's first Boogie Boards pre-finished, or as a USPS-delivered kit. My first experience with contact cement, but the board turned out fine, I had some great beach break rides, and I still own that old "sponge." (Many tooth marks from a German Shepherd who decided it was a great chew toy and float in a Carolina lake...)

Morey's 'vacuum track rails' must be one of history's most copied designs, besides the wheel, that is.

More to say on this but have to take my son to a gem and mineral show session on flint-making.

Back later

Please get in a few late season carves for me.

cheers

BB